Coconut Brown Sugar Glazed Grilled Pineapple
I adore Grilled Pineapple. It is seriously amazing. I have tried my fair share of grilled pineapple recipes… but I felt it needed a hint of something special. Coconut Extract :) MMMM… it is incredible. I mean, we all like that Pina Colada flavor right? Coconut and Pineapple are meant to be BFFS. Warm grilled pineapple topped with a sweet glaze, is there anything better?!
If you need a quick grill side dish recipe for your next BBQ, let this be it! You will fall in love!
- 1 Pineapple, trimmed and cut into wedges
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon imitation coconut extract
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, honey and coconut extract in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined and smooth in consistency. Set aside.
- Preheat gril on medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Once grill is preheated, place wedges on grill sideways to create grill lines. Grill until golden brown lines can be seen on each side.
- Once pineapple wedges are removed from grill and placed on tray, immediately lather on glaze so that it melts over it. If needed, microwave the glaze in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds and proceed to lather on pineapple.
- Serve pineapple warm.
Oh My!!! I love grilled pineapple, I can't wait to try your version. Thanks for sharing! This picture has my mouth watering!!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
Nikki grilled pineapple is one of my fave things ever! It's definitely my favorite pizza topping and I could eat that whole plate :) pinned!
I just made this tonight and it was wonderful! It was so easy; the hardest thing to do was cutting up the pineapple. I actually used my grill pan to make it and it worked out great. I forgot to pick up coconut extract so I had to substitute vanilla extract and I also added a pinch of fleur de sel too because I like the contrast it brings to sweet dishes. All in all, it was delicious and I knew my husband loved it too when he asked for seconds! Will definitely be making this again!
I use a splash of Pina Colada mix in a bottle, brown sugar, and honey. It takes a while to grill the pineapple, so start early when grilling chicken
Leave a Comment