I adore Grilled Pineapple. It is seriously amazing. I have tried my fair share of grilled pineapple recipes… but I felt it needed a hint of something special. Coconut Extract :) MMMM… it is incredible. I mean, we all like that Pina Colada flavor right? Coconut and Pineapple are meant to be BFFS. Warm grilled pineapple topped with a sweet glaze, is there anything better?!
If you need a quick grill side dish recipe for your next BBQ, let this be it! You will fall in love!
- 1 Pineapple, trimmed and cut into wedges
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon imitation coconut extract
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, honey and coconut extract in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined and smooth in consistency. Set aside.
- Preheat gril on medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Once grill is preheated, place wedges on grill sideways to create grill lines. Grill until golden brown lines can be seen on each side.
- Once pineapple wedges are removed from grill and placed on tray, immediately lather on glaze so that it melts over it. If needed, microwave the glaze in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds and proceed to lather on pineapple.
- Serve pineapple warm.