Life has been a little crazy as of late. And by “a little”, I really mean over-the-moon kind of crazy.
My husband and I have been tackling a lot of the projects on our “to do list.” This list has done nothing but continually grow over the last few years with very minimal, if any, things on the list actually getting marked as completed.
Finally, something came over me (thank goodness) and I have been more than motivated to get things done within the last month. I can officially say, all but 3 of the items are completed. And that is down from about 10 really BIG items. I feel pretty accomplished and can’t wait until I can say ALL have been finished.
With all of these things getting done at a rapid rate, I have been under a lot of stress. Trying to do big projects, like re-carpeting the house (aka- ‘moving without moving’), can be a lot to undergo when you have three kids ages 5, 3 and 10 months running (and crawling) rampant in the house. I never thought things like “Don’t touch the tack boards!” or “Because our living room is in our dining room we will eat on the patio” or “Its in the box on the stove in kitchen, next to the storage tote” or “dinner is
delivered served. Pull up your lawn chair around this storage tote and lets pray!” would escape from my mouth.
When it comes to this kind of stress, nothing can curb it quite like having a nice cold fountain Diet Coke… in a styrofoam cup… with pebble ice in one hand, and something chocolate in the other. At least for me any way. I know we are all different. Some of you run to elevate stress. Way to go! (I say as I stuff something else chocolate into my face).
Times like this, and really even times when I am calm as can be, I need some rich chocolate. None of the milk chocolate stuff, but the intense chocolate. And this INCREDIBLE Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Glaze fits that bill. I combined a few different recipes and added some of my own personal preferences to create this recipe.
This cake is so moist and delicious and packed with chocolatey goodness! Chocolate lovers everywhere will rejoice upon first sight… and bite. It is heavenly!
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼-1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, sugar and vanilla for five minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder and add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips to batter.
- Pour into 3 grease and floured loaf pans (8 x 4 x 2.5 inch).
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean it is done.
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa in medium mixing bowl. Add butter and milk and mix well. Spread over pound cake.