This Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Pie is rich, creamy and perfect for fulfilling that chocolate craving! It begins with a homemade Oreo crust, has a creamy chocolate hazelnut center, a rich and smooth chocolate topping and is garnished with toasted hazelnuts.
First things first. I feel I owe you all a little explanation as to why I have been a little MIA lately. In case you missed my Instagram post, we are expecting a cute little baby this year! We are so excited to welcome a new addition to our family. Luckily, I haven’t been sick at all! I have just been SUPER tired and get headaches all. the. time! Which have been wiping me out constantly. Cravings this pregnancy: cantaloupe, bananas, oranges, pizza and ice cream. I wanted to wait till the end of my first trimester to say anything, so now you know :)
Now onto today’s post. This Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Pie is seriously one of my favorite new pies. When it comes to a chocolate hazelnut spread, I can’t get enough of it! I eat it by the spoon when I think no one is watching ;) So why not create a pie centered around that kind of spread.
This pie is rich, creamy and tastes sensational. It is heavenly with my Homemade Oreo Crust. It just adds one more fantastic chocolate component to the already spectacular dessert.
If you are looking for the perfect treat to fulfill your chocolate craving, this one is easy and delicious! Give it a try! You will not regret it :)
- 1 (9-inch) Homemade Oreo Crust
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, plus ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whippping cream
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- 1½ teaspoons butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, chocolate hazelnut spread, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream and the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold sweetened whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until smooth and uniform in color.
- Pour filling into the prepared Oreo Crust and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In a small saucepan, add whipping cream corn syrup, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat until the mixture come to a soft boil. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate sauce over the pie and top with toasted hazelnuts.
- Return to the refrigerator for another hour before serving.