Chicken Cordon Bleu is hands down one of my absolute favorite dinners! You probably already know that by now with all the variations I do of the dish ;-)
When I was pregnant with my boy, the only thing I ever wanted was a sandwich. No, not PB&J but something called the “The Downtowner” that was served with an array of things including a cream cheese spread. At that time, this idea was knew to me. I had only really ever used mayonnaise. Pretty sure I had one of these sandwiches at least 2 times a week until I gave birth to my baby boy.
The other day I wanted a sandwich. Not just any sandwich though…. a big, fat, meaty one. Then I thought, well I want a creamy one too, that use a cream cheese spread like the sandwich I once loved. That is when this idea hit me. I can have all of these wants with chicken cordon bleu! Thus a sandwich was born, and a mighty fine sandwich at that.
My husband came home from work and I made him one, too! Together we oohed and awed over every bite.
- 2 slices Texas Toast
- 1 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. bread crumbs
- 3 thin slices chicken (deli meat)
- 3 thin slices honey ham (deli meat)
- 2 slices Swiss Cheese
- 3-4 slices cooked Bacon
- Butter and toast Texas Toast on a skillet or frying pan until sides are golden brown
- In a small bowl, mix softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and bread crumbs until well mixed.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on one side of each piece of toast.
- Layer chicken, ham, Swiss cheese and bacon and press two slices of bread together.
If you like this recipe, you might also like: