I don’t know if any of you have heard of Brian Regan, but he is a comedian that is kind of big thing here in Utah for his clean and hysterical humor. I get the biggest kick out of him! The emergency room skit is probably my favorite because of how stinkin true it is!… At least we can all laugh about the humor of it all AFTER the storm has passed right?! (I have had one too many visits to the ER recently to last me a life time!) In one of his skits, he talks about “cran-man” and how he’s getting into all the other juices… cran-grape… cran-apple… you name it and “cran-man” has probably worked its way into it somehow!
The purpose of me telling you this is because, well… cake batter has become my “cran-man” and he is doing a pretty good job of working his way into EVERYTHING! But hey, if you like it… roll with it, right?!
These Cake Batter Granola bars are SO SIMPLE to make and taste great! My daughter and I chowed down on some during Mickey Mouse Clubhouse the other day :)
Cake Batter Granola Bites
- 2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup cake mix dry
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup can sub honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips optional
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until oats are all well coated.
- Refrigerate mixture 1-2 hours. You want it to be workable enough to hold their shape.
- After refrigerating, roll into balls and eat up!
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction