Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
This Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken has the most delicious flavor! It is a light sauce that truly makes each bite spectacular! It is both bold and sweet and was a hit with the entire family!
Brown sugar has such a fabulous flavor that I love adding it to my baked good recipes like my Best Ever Banana Bread or Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies. As I was pondering dinner for the night I thought about how delicious it would be to sweeten up a meal.
The brown sugar paired with the garlic in this recipe is truly a winning sauce. It is both bold and sweet in flavor. This will definitely be a recipe I revisit in the future!
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded and tenderized
- 5 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup plus ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in baking dish and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil and add garlic and thyme. Sauté for 1 minute on medium high.
- Add ⅓ cup brown sugar and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together salt and pepper and rub on the top and bottom of the chicken.
- Pour garlic, brown sugar sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on how large your chicken pieces are, watch closely because when the chicken seems to have only about two minutes left in the cooking process, sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of brown sugar over the top of the chicken and finish cooking the chicken. Remove from oven and serve.
Sooo, I'm always looking for new chicken recipes and decided to give this a try. Fixed it for supper tonight and it's quite tasty. I love sweet & savory together and thought that the brown sugar/garlic combo was really good. Thank you!
Everybody in the house (three generations) love it. Super easy served with rice and broccoli. Thank you!
Leave a Comment