This soup is packed with yummy ingredients and flavor! It is super easy to whip up and loaded with protein. It is perfect for a chilly day or when you need dinner in a hurry.
It has been SO cold here lately. Like constantly below freezing degree temperatures. The roads are slick and the air is beyond chilly. During these cold months, I much prefer to stay inside if I have the option.
On these cold days my kids almost always request soup for dinner. We LOVE soup at our house. Soup is on the dinner menu at least once a week.
As I was browsing my index of soups, I could not even believe my grandma’s Taco Soup recipe hadn’t been posted yet. This recipe has been around a long time in our family, long before I was even born. Growing up, my mom made this soup for us regularly. It wasn’t until I was married and started learning to cook that I realized just how simple it was.
This recipe is delicious! It is packed with flavor and yummy ingredients. I love that it is loaded with protein as it gives you lots of energy.
This is approved by all in my family. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 64 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages taco seasoning mix, dry
- 2 cans kidney beans
- In a large sauce pan cook ground beef with onion. Drain grease. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning, and kidney beans. Cook until heated through.
- Serve with grated cheese and crushed tortilla chips. It is also good with sour cream on top.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired for an added pop of green.