A delicious blend of flavors and ingredients come together to create the BEST EVER Sweet and Sour Sauce. This recipe is perfect to lather, coat or dip your food in!
I LOVE grilling season! We grill at least once a week at my house. I love the quick clean up, the no hassle recipes and that we don’t have to heat up our house!
I have been on the hunt for a good sweet and sour recipe for a while now, but none were making the cut. This recipe took some practicing to get just right and I am proud to announce that it is exactly that… just right!
We lathered our grilled chicken with this sauce and highly recommend it to others. I have tried many sweet and sour sauce recipes over the course of my life and can honestly say this is the best I have tried!
It has a perfect texture and the flavor is sweet and our of this world!
This sauce would make an excellent sauce for coating, lathering and/or dipping.
If you have some grilling planned for this summer, definitely try out this recipe- it is sure to be a huge hit will all who try it!
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch dissolved in 2 Tablespoons of cold water
- Add brown sugar, ketchup, water, salt, vinegar, and soy sauce in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and reduce heat to medium low and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.