This Carrot Cake is absolutely DELICIOUS! It has a secret ingredient that helps to enhance its flavor and make it exceptionally moist! This will quickly become a new favorite and will be your go-to carrot cake recipe!
It always throws me for a loop when Easter falls in March.
One of my favorite Easter treats is Carrot Cake, and this recipe is my favorite! It comes from my grandma and has a secret ingredient that keeps it beyond moist… and that is crushed pineapple.
Don’t be afraid of it, it is not a strong or overwhelming flavor at all, it actually subtly enhances it and moistens the texture to sheer perfection!
If you are looking for a carrot cake to make this season, give this one a try! You will be so happy you did!
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (13 ounce) can crushed pineapple, mostly drained
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with vegetable spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, carrots, pineapple and oil. Mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix again and pour into a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes until cake is done. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until well mixed. Add vanilla and beat again.
- Frost cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped pecans.