Berry Nut Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing… This salad is so light and refreshing. The berries not only provide a nice pop of color but add a juiciness to the salad and provide such an irresistible flavor. Sugared almonds provide texture, crunch with a delightful sweetness. The Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing is the perfect complimenting flavor to this outstanding salad.
It is the start of a new year and one of my goals is to eat more salads. The great thing about salads is that they can easily be changed up. A simple swap of accenting ingredients and you have a completely different flavor and vibe.
This Berry Nut Salad happens to be one of my ALL TIME favorite salads. The sugared almonds are the perfect addition. They provide a crunch while adding a sweetness to the mix.
The Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing has such a light and refreshing taste and pairs wonderfully with this salad. The Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing is creamy and adds a subtle flavor that brings the salad to life.
This is such a great salad for lunch or dinner and is a meal all by itself!
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 cups spring mix
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup raspberries
- ¾ cup strawberries
- 1 cup sugared sliced almonds
- ⅔ cup mayo
- ½ cup half and half
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large skillet toast the almonds over medium high heat by stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and continue to stir until the sugar is melted onto the almonds.
- Assemble salad ingredients as desired.
- Combine all dressing ingredients together in a blender and blend until well combined.