BAKED Creamy Green Chile Beef Taquitos
I am all about EASY and DELICIOUS dinners. These past couple weeks have been SO busy around my neck of the woods. Between me and my husband, our schedule can fill up pretty fast. Within the next month, I am flying out for 3 different events and my husband for one. I had two events last month, so between recovering, parenting, cleaning and planning for the next month, elaborate dinners are not happening at my home.
However, who ever said easy meals can’t taste like a million bucks?! When you get to know flavors your family enjoys, it becomes easy to throw them into just about anything. That is the story of these taquitos. My husband took his first bite and said, “OH WOW! These are INCREDIBLE!” It put a big smile on my face because it took hardly any effort on my part to create them. I mean, really, how can you go wrong with creamy, baked and green chiles?!?!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softned
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles, drained
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby jack monterey cheese
- 14 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Cook and brown ground beef completely. Drain juices and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, green chiles, cumin, salt, pepper jack cheese, colby jack-monterey cheese and cooked ground beef. Stir to evenly incorporate all ingredients.
- Place 2-3 Tbsp. of ground beef mixture on flour tortilla. Roll up tightly. Placed on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas. You may need more or less tortillas than listed in ingredients depending on how much filling you place in each taquito.
- Once cookie sheet is filled, spray tops of taquitos lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Mimi @ Culinary Couture
I've never tried chiles before but I'd love to see what all the rave is about. Can't wait to make these over the weekend!
Yum, you can't go wrong with that combo that is for sure!! You gotta love when you get reactions like that from the dh from a meal......I always give myself a humble little pat on the back when I get them, lol!!
I am trying this tonight only with chicken because I am too lazy to defrost hamburger meat, and too hungry for it to wait until tomorrow to make it ! lol
These sound delicious! Trying these very soon!
Gloria @ Simply Gloria
These look perfect! Don't you find baked is better in more ways than one...it's easy to pop into the oven and forget about them for awhile. Also, I don't like the smell that grease/oil leaves in my kitchen all through the night. That's why I'm in love with this dish!
Trish - Mom On Timeout
Looks like a delicious and easy dinner - perfect! I love that their baked too, much less of a mess :)
Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
These look amazing! These are all of my favorite flavors! Yum!
Justin @ Marlows Kitchen
I've been wanting to make an attempt at taquitos! I think the combinations could be endless, not to mention delicious. I do love this recipe!
Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl
We love baked taquitos and this beef/green chili version sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Just made these and they are soo delicious! And so easy to make
Very nice and easy recipe. Thank you.
I used 1/2 pound beef, half of a diced onion, and 3/4 can refried beans in place of the pound of beef and cheddar cheese in place of the pepper jack and Colby jack cheeses.. I didn't want to eat that many tortillas (and the last taquitos I made just oozed the filling out the ends), so I used it as baked chimichunga filling. I liked it, but my hubby said I overfilled them. I think I like the combination of chicken and green chilies better, but thanks for the idea to try it with beef!
Made these tonight and they we're deeelicious! I was looking for a quick fix meal with not a lot of ingredients, but had good flavor and this was it! Thanks for a yummy and simple recipe. Will definitely make again :)
Leave a Comment