I absolutely LOVE bananas! It’s actually my favorite fruit. However, despite my love for bananas, there is a fine line between a good banana and a not so good banana… that is if I am eating it by itself, plain, as is. I like to eat my bananas green. Weird?… Maybe :)
As soon as my bananas start showing the slightest change from green I start planning what I am going to do to incorporate them into a yummy recipe. I found a recipe for Banana Bread Pancakes on How Sweet it Is, but changed and merged it with The Best Banana Bread recipe on my blog… the end result was FANTASTIC! Trust me, you are going to LOVE these!
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2-3 large large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon and stir to evenly combine dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add in mashed bananas and mix to evenly incorporate.
- Add butter and stir until smooth.
- Heat griddle to medium heat.
- Spray griddle (or skillet) with cooking spray and pour pancakes onto griddle (about ¼-1/3 cup). Cook about 2 minutes or until pancake starts to bubble, then flip to other side and cook until other side is golden (about 2 more minutes).
(recipe adapted from: How Sweet it Is and The Best Banana Bread)