Seven Layers of Italian flavor and ingredient heaven! This will be one appetizer you get requests to serve over and over again!
A couple weeks ago, my mom and I were sitting down and brainstorming some delicious appetizer ideas. With holidays, company and football all going on, delicious, people pleasing appetizers are A MUST!
My mom spouted out what I feel to be a brilliant idea. Seven Layer Italian Dip. The idea obviously stemmed from the ever so popular 7 layer dip, which feature 7 layers of Mexican dip favorites.
This dip, features 7 layers of Italian deliciousness. The cream cheese layer at the bottom is outrageously delicious! It is followed by layers of marianra sauce, mozzarella cheese, sausage, pepperoni, olives, parmesan cheese and parsley. Seriously. Is your mouth watering yet?!
This dip was a home run! Everyone who tried it raved about it! You definitely need to give this one a go at your next get together :)
7 Layer Italian Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 envelope Italian Dressing Mix dry
- 1 1/4 cups marinara sauce you can use a jar or use the homemade recipe below
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cooked Italian Sausage
- 10 pepperoni chopped
- 2.25 ounces sliced olives
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley chopped
Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese and Italian dressing mix together and spread on the bottom of a 7x10 baking dish.
- Pour marinara sauce over the top of cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce.
- Then sprinkle sausage over cheese.
- Next, sprinkle chopped pepperoni over sausage.
- Next, layer olives over pepperoni.
- Lastly, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over olives.
- Place dip in oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle parsley over the top and serve with toasted baguettes.
Directions for Homemade Marinara Sauce
- n a medium sauce pan over medium heat add olive oil, garlic and onion. Sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add basil, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.