I LOVE Hot Chocolate. One of my family’s favorite things to do in the winter is to sit around our table in our cozy pajamas sipping on hot chocolate while its cold and/or snowing outside. The moment my kids sense the slightest hint of cold air, they are begging us to start the hot cocoa.
Salted Caramel is a trend right now that I couldn’t be happier about! The combo is a perfect combination in my opinion. Sweet and salty just work together.
This hot chocolate recipe is extremely easy and incredibly delicious! If you need a yummy drink to warm up with this winter, then let this be it! You will fall in love just as my family has :)
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ cups of half and half (part cream part milk)
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Comine all ingredients in a large sauce pan. Stir until smooth and hot.
- Pour into mugs.
- Garnish with whipped cream, caramel and coarse sea salt.