These Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownies are fantastic! Fudgy red velvet brownies, delicious Oreo truffle and melted chocolate combine to make the three layers of this spectacular dessert. They are a hit with everyone who try them!
My original Oreo Truffle Recipe is one of my favorite recipes on the blog and one of the ones I am most proud of. They are delicious and combine EVERYTHING I love. Brownies. Oreo Truffles. And melted chocolate.
With Valentine’s around the corner I was brainstorming some festive recipes I could be doing and it dawned on me to make my favorite brownie recipe with a red-twist!
These were super fun and enjoyed by all who tried them! If you love chocolate then these are a MUST MAKE! They are seriously insane in the best way possible and will be one unforgettable treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 fluid ounce bottle of red food coloring
- 1 pkg. Double Stuffed Oreos
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and blend well. Add vanilla, salt, cocoa and flour. Don’t overbeat. Add food coloring and mix again.
- Pour into a greased 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, make Oreo truffle layer.
- Crush Oreos finely in a food processor or by putting them in a ziplock bag and smashing them until finely ground with a rolling pin.
- When Oreos are finely crushed, using hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined.
- When Brownies have cooled completely, place layer of Oreo truffle on top.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening together in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Evenly spread over the top of Oreo Truffle layer.
- Let set up in fridge before cutting into.