A delicious and flavorful green salsa that is loaded with delicious ingredients and has such a fresh flavor!
Green salsa has always been one of my favorites! I love how fresh and light the flavor is! Whenever we go to restaurants, I tend to hoard the green salsa to myself ;) But seriously, I can’t get enough of the stuff which is why I couldn’t wait to try to create my own version at home!
This salsa is a perfect way to jazz up any Mexican meal or to dip your chips in! I love tomatillos and love that they are the star ingredient of this recipe. This salsa received great reviews all around the dinner table! We LOVED it and I am sure you will too!
- 11 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- ½ of a medium onion
- 1 serrano chile
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place tomatillos, onion and serrano chile in a medium sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tomatillos turn to and olive green color.
- Drain and place in a blender.
- Add garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper and blend in.