A delicious battered chicken that is first pan-fried then baked and topped with a creamy mushroom gravy. This is a true restaurant quality dinner that will quickly become a new family favorite!
I have said it before, and I will say it again, mushrooms are HANDS DOWN my favorite vegetable! Whether they are stuffed or sautéed, I could eat them every single day!
So after making my mom’s CHICKEN PAPRIKA for all of you and having it become and instant favorite with my readers, I knew a mushroom version had to be made. I seriously adore this recipe and so did my family.
The creamy mushroom sauce is packed with such a savory and unbelievable taste and compliments the chicken so perfectly. The tender mushrooms within the gravy provide an unforgettable and undeniably exquisite bite.
I love this chicken because it is battered and then pan-fried to give it such a beautiful brown and crispy outside. Then it is baked to finish off cooking the chicken.
This meal encompasses restaurant quality flavor with ease. I am sure this will quickly become a new favorite just as it has in my house :)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 16 ounces mushrooms
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons dry minced onions
- ½ cup flour mixture
- 2 cup milk
- 2½ cups half and half cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- n small mixing bowl, combine eggs and minced garlic. Pour egg mixture into a zip lock baggie and add chicken. Seal bag and coat well. Marinate chicken for at least 3 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, garlic salt and onion powder. Mix well.
- Remove chicken from baggie and dredge in the flour mixture. Save the extra flour mixture for the gravy.)
- Heat large skillet on med high and add the olive oil.
- Place coated chicken in skillet and brown on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and place chicken in dish. Cover chick with foil and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken. Cook until the pink is gone from the middle.
- In a large skillet melt ¼ cup butter.
- Add mushrooms and garlic salt. Cook on medium high until mushrooms are tender.
- Drain mushrooms well. Set aside.
- While the chicken is baking, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add dry minced onion.
- Add ½ cup flour mixture you used to coat your chicken in to the melted butter. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk and the half and half and stir quickly using a flat wire whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until gravy comes to a soft boil and thickens.
- Stir in cooked mushrooms.
- Serve over chicken.
- I garnished with chopped parsley.