This takes a classic favorite and gives it a new look. All your favorite cheese steak ingredients stuffed inside a delicious chimichanga. The flavor is amazing and it couldn’t be easier to make! This will quickly become a new favorite!
I am ALWAYS looking for fun new ways to change up our dinner menu. One thing is for certain, my family loves it when I make anything with steak. They all LOVE steak.
These Philly Cheese Steak Chimichangas where a huge win. I actually prefer the texture of fried on this particular recipe, but I have included both fry and baking instructions for you to choose.
They are stuffed with sautéed peppers and onions, grilled steak, and gooey cheese! Each bite was an explosion of flavor in my mouth!
This was a delicious dinner and is sure to be a hit in your home, too!
- 6 to 8 medium tortillas
- 1 pound thinly sliced COOKED AND GRILLED steak
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 16 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup provolone cheese, grated
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Cut steak into bite size pieces.
- In a medium skillet add oil, onions, and bell pepper. Saute until tender. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, steak bites, onion and bell pepper mixture, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined. Stir in cheese.
- Place a generous amount of Philly mixture onto the center of tortillas. Fold burrito style.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush tops of burrito with a little vegetable oil.
- Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Bake for about 15 minutes or until chimichunga's are slightly brown.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil to 360 degrees F.
- Secure Chimichangas with toothpicks.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway until outside is golden brown.