This recipe is absolutely DELICIOUS! Apple cake with crumb mixture swirled both in the center and over the top and drizzled in the most amazing caramel glaze!
Okay. This Caramel Apple Breakfast Crumb Cake will be one of the best breakfasts you make this fall! It is seriously perfection!
It is a delicious apple breakfast cake with crumb topping swirled throughout the cake and sprinkled over the top! Then it is topped off with the most incredible caramel frosting!
The flavor-texture line up makes for an unforgettable bite each and every time!
If you are looking for an out-of-this-world fall breakfast, give this one a try! It receives rave reviews every time!
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped green apples
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon and stir until well mixed. Cut in butter until crumbs are formed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add milk and eggs and beat again. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined. Batter will be thick. Fold in apples.
- Spread ½ of the batter on the bottom of baking dish.
- Layer ½ of the crumb topping over batter.
- Carefully spread the rest of the batter over the top of crumb topping.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb topping over the top of the coffee cake.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees F until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Drizzle frosting over the top.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add heavy cream and brown sugar and stir until it begins to boil. Remove form heat and add in 1 cup powdered sugar. Cool slightly and add vanilla and remaining cup of powdered sugar. Add in milk if needed to thin frosting or more powdered sugar to thicken.