I adore The Cheesecake Factory’s Avocado Egg Rolls. In fact, I make a meal out of them most times I have the privilege of attending that glorious restaurant. They are absolutely divine!
Avocados are one of my favorite foods. I grew up in California and my grandparents had (and still have) the most incredible avocado tree in their back yard. Seriously, nothing beats a freshly ripe and picked avocado. It was as a little girl that I fell in love with everything avocado! They go so well with so many different things.
This egg rolls are fantastic because it spotlights this delectable food for me.
When I saw this recipe over at Lil’ Luna, I knew I had to give these a try- and of course put my own little tweaks into it. The end result: fantastic!
The avocado is the star of this dish and it does a wonderful job of playing the leading roll. It, combined with all the supporting ingredients, will blow your taste buds out of the park!
I know you will love these just as much as we do! Trust me, this is one recipe you will want to make over and over again!
- 3 large avocados, diced
- ½ cup zesty sun dried tomatoes, I used the dried kind (not jarred in oil) to avoid added moisture
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ⅔ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pour enough oil into a deep sauce pan so that it is about 2 inches deep. Heat oil on medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine avocado, tomatoes, cilantro and salt. Add about ¼ to ⅓ cup of avocado mixture onto the center of each egg roll wrapper. Make sure the corner of the wrapper is facing you. Fold the bottom corner up over the top of the filling. Fold the remaining corners over the filling and brush the corners with the egg to seal the egg roll. Make sure you cannot see any avocado mixture.
- Fry in oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown flipping to evenly cook on each side.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- In a microwavable-safe bowl combine both vinegars, honey, and saffron.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- In a blender, puree honey mixture, cashews, cilantro garlic, onions, sugar, pepper and cumin.
- Pour into a small dish and stir in olive oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.