The holidays are just around the corner. Can you believe Monday marks December 1st?! I can’t. Where on earth did this year go?!
One of my favorite holiday cookies are Gingerbread Cookies. They are wonderful! While it is fun to gobble up little gingerbread men, sometimes it can be tedious as far as work and time is concerned.
My cute friends over at Six Sisters’ Stuff just released their lasted cookbook, 12 Days of Christmas with Six Sisters’ Stuff. That is where this gem of a recipe is found. All the amazing flavor and frosting of gingerbread cookies, but only a fraction of the work. Sign me up!
I grew up with these cute girls. Elyse, one of the six sisters’, has been one of my best friends since elementary school. I can attest to their creativity and delicious recipes! Thats why I know you will love this cookbook! It is a perfect showcase of that creativity and their tasty treats. Their cookbook focus on the theme of 12… 12 Christmas Cookie Recipes… 12 holiday traditions… 12 dinners… and a bunch of other amazing things that all add up to 144 wonderful and easy Christmas themed ideas, gifts and recipes! It is the perfect cookbook to add to your holiday collection.
This recipe was phenomenal! These Gingerbread Cookie Bars would make fabulous neighbor treats or a great holiday dessert for any get together! Simplify at least one recipe this season and give this one a try!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add egg and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt and mix until well combined. Press dough evenly into the bottom of greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes and let cool. Do not over cook.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together in a large mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and cream.
- Frost the tops of cooled Gingerbread Cookie Bars.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- I garnish the tops of mine with a little nutmeg.