Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors and smells. I decided to get adventurous the other day and went and bought some vanilla beans. I have never actually used them before but figured it was about time. I used this youtube tutorial to teach me an easy way to cut them and strip the seeds (yes, I am a total newbie haha!). Pretty simple and basic, but if you have never attempted it like me, you might be curious too :)
This frosting was seriously spectacular. Vanilla at its finest. If you are a big vanilla fan, you are going to LOVE this recipe!
Vanilla Bean Buttercream
By July 19, 2013Published:
- Yield: 24 cupcakes (24 Servings)
The sweet vanilla flavor is brought to life in this delicious frosting
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 1 envelope Dream Whip you can omit this, but it adds a nice texture to the frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-6 Tbsp. milk
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt, vanilla, vanilla bean seeds and Dream Whip and beat to evenly incorporate.
- Add powdered sugar and milk and beat, add more powdered sugar and milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes and eat up!