Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Ours was so much fun. My cute sister and bro-in-law graduated together yesterday. How cute is that?! I am so proud of both of them and am so excited for them to enter the next phase of life. College life is wonderful and definitely a part of my life that I will forever cherish, but the after-college-life is where it gets really good. Honestly, Sunday night rolls around and 9 times out of 10, I find myself feeling extremely grateful its not a “school night” :)
Alright, time to talk about today’s post. Symphony bars are one of my favorites. Creamy milk chocolate complimented with bits of toffee and almond makes it an absolute winner in my book. Melted down and the flavors really fuse together with a crunch. I knew when I saw this yummy recipe for Reese’s Krispies on my cute friend Carrian’s blog, Sweet Basil, I knew I wanted to try it but changing up a couple things. My husband was shoveling them into his mouth. Best of all, they are SO easy to make. They whip up in no time at all and would make a delicious snack or treat.
Symphony Chocolate Chewy Bites
By May 5, 2013
- Yield: 20 bites
These are SUPER EASY to make and are perfect to hit that chocolate craving! They are delicious!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 5 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- 4 regular Symphony chocolate bars chopped
- In a large saucepan, comine sugar, corn syrup and butter. Stir over medium heat until melted and reaches a boil. Let boil for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
- Quickly and Gently stir in Rice Krispy cereal until well coated and incorporated.
- Next, quickly and gently stir in chopped Symphony bars.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and set on wax paper to cool.
(recipe adapted from: Sweet Basil)