Remember my BBQ Beef Pie Pockets?…. I am sure you do! They made it on the “Hubby Favorites of 2012” list and continue to receive rave reviews. Well, I decided to make another one… only with creamy-chicken-filled-goodness! They are DELISH! I am not just saying that. The flaky pie crust compliments the filling so well. The filling is similar to Chicken Broccoli Casserole (another Hubby Favorite from the original list) but putting it in personal sized pie crusts makes it so much more fun, eye-catching and adds a whole different component of scrumptious.
I made these the other day on a whim, based on what I had on hand and the end result was phenomenal. My hubby particularly raved about this entree. It made its way into a new hubby favorite category and will definitely be a meal we keep in our rotation!
Creamy Chicken Broccoli Pie Pockets
By May 8, 2013
- Yield: 4 pies
This is an extremely easy meal to whip up and will quickly become a new family favorite in your home! A FANTASTIC recipe!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken I LOVE to use a rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 box refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Microwave in 15 second intervals until slightly melted and able to stir until smooth.
- Add onion powder and garlic salt to cream cheese/butter mixture and stir well.
- Add chicken, frozen chopped broccoli and frozen corn to cream cheese mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Unroll both sheets of refrigerated pie crust dough. Cut each of the round pie crusts into quarters.
- On one quarter of pie crust dough, put 1/4 of cream cheese/chicken mixture (about 3/4-1 cup.) Place a second quarter of pie crust dough over the top (make sure it lines up with bottom quarter) and pinch seams to seal off. You can flute the pie crust edges for a prettier look.
- Repeat until you have 4 pie pockets. Cut about three small slits on the tops of each pie pocket for breathing. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.