With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, I thought it would be fun to put a Mexican-ish spin on one of my favorite appetizers :)
Let me introduce you to Black Bean Hummus… this could quite possibly be my favorite hummus yet! It is jam packed with INCREDIBLE flavor that will have you coming back for more. If making for a large crowd, you may want to triple this recipe. A single recipe will serve 2-3 people comfortably. I will definitely be making this recipe again and again!
Black Bean Hummus
By April 27, 2013Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
This could possible be the best hummus recipe ever! It is SO good and jam-packed with flavor!
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- . . BAKED TORTILLA CHIPS
- 5 (6-inch) tortillas cut into 6-8 triangles each
- olive oil pam cooking spray
- Combine black beans, olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt, cumin, onion powder, chili powder and minced garlic into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Spread into a flat dish, creating grooves on the top with spoon.
- Let rest about 10 minutes then drizzle some olive oil into groves.
- To make Baked Tortilla strips: Evenly distribute tortilla wedges onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Lightly spray tops of tortilla wedges with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for about 7-10 minutes or until crispy and slightly golden in color.
(recipe adapted from Food Network)