Sometimes I am blown away by my mother’s brilliance when it comes to developing recipes. One thing you have to know about my mother and I, we love talking about food….. WAY more than any normal person. I was staying with my parents last weekend so I could attend a blog conference near by the following day. As we were brainstorming recipes, she came up with this incredible idea.
The simplicity blew me away, but the flavor… the flavor was unbelievable. My dad claimed this to be one of his new favorite dinners. Try it out for yourselves. The cream cheese, feta and mozzarella cheese combo is so wonderful. Each and every bite is jam packed with flavor.
Greek Spinach Feta Chicken Pockets
By February 20, 2013
The flavor in this dinner will completely blow your mind! It is one of the best things I have ever eaten!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry thawed
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach thawed and well drained
- 1 cup cook and shredded chicken
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface.
- Spread softened cream cheese evenly over pastry sheet leaving about 1/2 inch space along the edges.
- Evenly distribute the drained and thawed frozen spinach over 1/2 of the puff pastry sheet (width wise), again leaving about a 1/2 inch space along the edges.
- Next, evenly distribute chicken and green onions over the spinach, still saving that 1/2 inch space around the edges.
- Lastly, evenly sprinkle crumbled feta and shredded mozarella cheese over the top of the chicken, still leaving a 1/2 inch space around edges.
- Fold over the half of the puff pastry that doesn't have the ingredients on it and seal edges nicely and tight.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minute or until top is nice and golden brown. (NOTE: You could lightly brush some beaten egg over the top of the dough prior to baking for a nicer and crisper golden top)
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, then you’ll love: