Have you tried Biscoff Spread yet? It is a cookie spread that is absolutely incredible. If you haven’t sampled it, you really need to.
I am kind of on a Muddy Buddy kick right now. Between V-day handouts and my husband’s scouts, I have a lot of treats to make and need something simple, quick and practical. Muddy Buddies make great gifts because the recipe makes a lot and you can package them up cute and hand them out for Valentines gifts, or a great gift for any time of year really.
This particular recipe is one of my favorites. It takes a classic sweet snack and tweaks it to taste like another one of my favorite desserts, cookies. You will love these!
Biscoff Muddy Buddies
By February 6, 2013Published:
A delicious spin on a classic recipe!
- 6 1/2 cups Chex Cereal I used Rice Chex. You could add more as needed
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely ground/processed Biscoff cookies
- Measure out cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large zip lock bag, combine powdered sugar and ground Biscoff cookie crumbs. Shake if needed to evenly combine the two. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine biscoff spread, white chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute then stir. Microwave in 30 second intervals as needed until mixture is melted. You could also cook in a saucepan over low-medium heat. NOTE: Mixture will be thick. Expect that.
- Pour Biscoff mixture over cereal. Because the Biscoff mixture is thick, it will be most efficient to use your hands to carefully coat the cereal. Be patient and keep incorporating the mixture, it will coat.
- Dump coated Chex cereal into zip lock bag with powdered sugar/Biscoff cookie crumbs. Seal and shake and toss to evenly coat all the cereal.
- Let cool so that the mixture adheres to the cereal completely.
(recipe adapted from: Betty Crocker)