I have an obsession with chocolate, which most women do.
I also have an obsession with these brownies, aka my mom’s brownie recipe that is my ALL-TIME favorite and in my opinion, THE BEST one out there :)
I was storming my pantry the other day deciding what to bake up, when some mini Reese’s cups were staring me right in the face, and thats when I knew… these Reese’s cups were about to meet my favorite brownie recipe to fulfill that chocolate-peanut butter craving that seems to creep up all the time.
As I was baking these up, it occurred to me that a Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting is just what these brownies needed. And trust me, this buttercream is needed to make this dessert over-the-moon, ridiculously delicious. The smooth, creaminess of the buttercream compliments the rich moist brownie to make each bite one to remember. The Reese’s BOTH inside and on top of the buttercream add the perfect touch. If you find yourself to be a peanut butter-chocolate lover, then THESE are the PERFECT treat for you.
I must mention that my cute friend Jamielyn over at I Heart Naptime has a similar recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies that looks super good, too. Although I did not use her recipe when making these, our recipes are similar and I am sure equally delicious :)
Okay, now go and bake these brownies! Your spouse, children, parents… whoever will thank you for it. Guaranteed.
Reese's Brownies with Peanut Butter Buttercream
By January 18, 2013
The perfect dessert for chocolate peanut-butter lovers!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 24 Mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups unwrapped
- . . PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERCREAM FROSTING .
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. milk more if needed to reach desired consistency
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 7 Mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups unwrapped and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in cocoa and flour until evenly mixed in. Be careful not to over-beat. I usually stir them in with a wooden spoon to avoid over-beating.
- Spray a 9x13 with cooking spray and spread half of the brownie batter on the bottom.
- Place align unwrapped Mini Reese's cups 6x4 evenly across pan (6 down by 4 across).
- Carefully spread remaining half of brownie batter over the top. I find it easiest to drop by spoonfuls evenly over the top and then spread to connect the spoonfuls evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until batter is cooked through and toothpick comes out clean. Don't overcook and make sure to do the toothpick test in the batter and not a Reese's cup :)
- Let cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, make Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting. To make: Beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk and peanut butter until smooth or creamy. Add more powdered sugar/milk to reach desired consistency.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies and top with chopped Mini Reese's cups.