Super excited to share today’s recipe with you.
As you can tell by the Milky Way Muddy Buddies, Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies, Nutella Muddy Buddies and Cake Batter Muddy Buddies… I pretty much LOVE this snack. Muddy Buddies whip up in no time at all and disappear almost as quickly as they were made.
Today’s recipe is for a virtual baby shower for one of my good blog friends, Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box. Mandy was one of the very first friends I made on my whole blogging journey. She is an absolute sweetheart with a fantastic blog and mouth-watering pictures! I have yet to meet her in real life, but when we do I know we will be instant BFFs :) Mandy isn’t finding out the gender of her baby, so I chose to do a treat the females attending would love to munch on regardless of the gender.
Aside from a delicious and fun shower treat, I ALSO wanted to do a yummy Valentine day treat. When I think of Valentines’s, I instantly think of chocolate covered strawberries. The treat itself is so romantic and gorgeous. I wanted to be able to take this treat and turn it into… you guessed it… Muddy Buddies. It turned out INCREDIBLE! My husband (not a big sweet person) said these were his favorite muddy buddies yet and he probably downed half of the treat in one sitting. I loved them too, but have to say the Milky Way Muddy Buddies are still probably my favorite of the bunch, but these are pretty darn delicious too!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muddy Buddies
By January 28, 2013
This easy and delicious recipe is perfect for Valentine's day, a shower or that perfect sweet-tooth craving!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 6-7 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 12 oz. white chocolate candy coating
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (0.10 oz.) packet Duncan Hines Strawberry Shortcake Frosting Creations Flavor Mix
- 2-4 oz. chocolate candy coating
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Measure Chex cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large zip lock bag, combine powdered sugar and strawberry shortcake frosting creation mix. Zip and shake to combine the two powders. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate candy coating in a medium bowl in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour over measured Chex cereal and gently stir to coat. Coat all cereal as best as possible.
- Pour chocolate covered cereal into ziplock back. Zip up and shake to coat all the cereal.
- After cereal has been coated, spread evenly out across a foil covered cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate candy coating in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over muddy buddies. To do this I pour it into a small ziplock bag, seal, and cut off a tiny corner of one end.
- While chocolate drizzle is still wet, evenly sprinkle milk chocolate chips over the top.
- After chocolate drizzle has hardened, break apart as needed to serve.
Other fun bloggers participating in Mandy’s Baby Shower are: Life as a Lofthouse, The Country Cook, Shugary Sweets, Inside Brucrew Life, Crazy for Crust, Back for Seconds, Something Swanky, The Domestic Rebel, Crumbs and Chaos, Macaroni and Cheesecake