My husband is a cheese ball fanatic. He could pound an entire cheese ball all by himself. Crazy right? When planning out out New Years menu, I knew we needed a delicious cheese ball to make an appearance.
During the Christmas holiday, my amazing mother brought up the idea of a Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball. I literally jumped with excitement at the idea. One of my favorite appetizers taking on a new form and shape was sheer brilliance. Thus, this beautiful cheese ball was born. It has the flavors you love from a jalapeño popper, made into a delicious spread for crackers. It combines the perfect hint of heat and cool. Your crowd will LOVE this recipe! Definitely put this on your New Years menu, you will be so happy you did!
Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
By December 29, 2012
One of your favorite appetizers takes on a new form. This cheese ball is an absolute crowd pleaser!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapenos drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies drained
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/3 cup cooked and finely chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, diced jalapeños, diced green chilies, garlic salt, bacon, Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Form into a ball shape and chill for about 15 minutes in the fridge.
- While cheese ball is chilling, melt butter in a saucepan. Once butter is melted add panko bread crumbs and parsley flakes. Toast, stirring constantly, until golden in color. Take off heat and let cool completely.
- Once bread crumbs have cooled and cheese ball has chilled, roll and cover the entire outside of cheese ball with toasted panko crumbs. Cover and keep chilled in fridge until ready to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers. Serve with crackers.