When my hubby is out of town, I get to enjoy meals that I may not normally get to. He does’t believe a salad can be the star menu option for dinner. I do. He hates when I order salads when we go out to eat at restaurants, but I do. I adore salads. So when he leaves, you better believe I am chowing down on a salad for dinner :) Not only are they delicious, but can they seriously get any easier?!
To me, salads are the perfect way to enjoy a light and refreshing meal. You can dress up a salad to make it one of a kind and to make different flavors come together and unite to make it one irresistible dish.
This salad is one of my top 3 favorite salads of all time. Candied pecans provide such a sweet and yummy crunch while the cranberries and feta bring such strong flavors to the plate, yet surprisingly, combine to bring a delicious and desirable taste. The creamy balsamic vinaigrette takes these odd but delicious ingredients and tops it off with such a unique and perfect dressing that makes these flavors and textures work together perfectly.
My mom made this salad for me what seems like forever ago and I have fallen in love with it. In fact, I fall in love with it more every time I eat it. How cliche does that sound but it is so true. And yes, I fall in love with food… don’t you?! Originally she used store bought Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette, but then we found this recipe from My life as a Mrs. for a homemade version and now use it all the time. It is SO delicious.
Please excuse me now while I wipe off my drool and head to the kitchen to go and make me one of these salads. You should do the same. Your palate will be thanking you for it with every bite.
Candied Pecan, Craisin, Feta Salad with Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
By October 19, 2012Published:
This is the most amazing and delicious salad! Candied pecans provide such a sweet and yummy crunch while the cranberries and feta bring such strong flavors to the plate, yet surprisingly, combine to bring a delicious and desirable taste. The creamy balsamic vinaigrette takes these odd but delicious ingredients and tops it off with such a unique and perfect dressing that makes these flavors and textures work together perfectly.
- 2-3 cups spring mix salad
- 1 cup sugar coated pecans
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- . CREAMY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE . .
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. Morton's Nature seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl or on a large plate, lay out spring mix salad. Top with sugar coated pecans, craisins crumbled feta.
- You could use a store bought Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette or you can make the recipe above by whisking together garlic, mayo, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sugar, Nature's Seasoning, and salt until well combined. Add the balsamic vinegar and whisk well. Slowly add in the olive oil (while whisking).
- Pour dressing over prepared salad and enjoy! Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
(Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe from: My life as a Mrs.)