Growing up, my mom made a lot of meals that seemed like they took so much work! She sure as heck fooled me!
I adore meals that taste like a million bucks, please the family and are so easy and quick to make. This was of the many meals my mother passed down to me that has stuck around and has my hubby smiling from ear to ear :)
These are packed full of meat, BBQ sauce, and cheese… everything my husband adores. It is a man pleaser meal… but I think my 3 year old scarfed her portion down faster than my husband did… and that is saying something because my husband scarfed down his pretty dang fast. Every time I make this dinner, my husband “ooo”s and “awe”s with every bite. If you were sitting in listening to him eat it you might think he hadn’t eaten in days.
BBQ Beef Pie Pockets
By October 29, 2012
A man-pleasing meal that your whole family will love! Whips up in a matter of minutes!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle BBQ sauce I love Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 cup shredded cheese divided (I use Cheddar or Colby Jack and Monterey Blend)
- 1 box refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust
- Cook ground beef in a skillet until browned and cooked through. Drain out juices.
- Pour BBQ sauce into pan and stir until ground beef is evenly coated.
- Unroll both sheets of refrigerated pie crust dough. Cut each of the round pie crusts into quarters (or smaller if you want smaller sections)
- On one quarter of pie crust dough, put 1/4 of ground BBQ beef (about 3/4-1 cup.) Then sprinkle on 1/4 cup shredded cheese over top of the beef. Place a second quarter of pie crust dough over the top (make sure it lines up with bottom quarter) and pinch seams to seal off. You can flute the pie crust edges for a prettier look.
- Repeat until you have 4 pie pockets (or more if you cut your pie crusts into smaller sections). Cut about three small slits on the tops of each pie pocket for breathing.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.