Snickers Caramel Apple Salad

Snickers are one of my absolute favorite Candy Bars!  I love them!  It is also apple season and the perfect time to incorporate them into any recipes we can!  While this isn’t your typical “Salad” it may be one of my favorites :)  Maybe its all the sugar and sweetness, I don’t know… haha!

This recipe is awesome!  I know there are many different versions out there, but this is how I make mine and have been making it for a while now. It whips up in a matter of 10 minutes and then chills until ready to serve.  Easy Peasy! The recipe I use is from Food.com but I tweaked it very subtly. I took it to my cousin-in-law’s twins 1st birthday party and there was not a trace of it left by the end of the party!

Snickers Caramel Apple Salad

Snickers Caramel Apple Salad!  A great dessert salad that is combines so many amazing flavors and textures! We LOVE it! #salad #dessert #apple

By Chef in Training September 16, 2012

A great dessert salad that combines so many amazing flavors and textures!

1. Whisk vanilla pudding packet, 1/2 cup milk and cool whip together until well combined.
  2. Chop up apples and Snickers into bite size pieces.
  3. Stir chopped apples and Snickers into pudding mixture.
  4. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
  5. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

(recipe from: Food.com)

Comments

I love this salad, my mom’s been making it for years. I like your addition of the caramel!

I can’t wait to try this. Perfect sweet treat for fall. do you peel your apples? Do they stay looking ok in the mixture or turn a little brown? Thanks!

I did not peel my apples. I just chopped them up :) I didn’t notice any browning because they are covered in the pudding mixture. Have a great day!

I so need to try apple salad! I’d never heard of it until last year…and now I’m dying to try!

Yummmmm. Caramel apple anything is awesome, and this is a salad I can definitely get behind eating tons of :)

This is one of my all time favorite “salads” to eat:-)

My niece in law makes a version of this salad! I’m going to try your version at my Harvest Party next month. I think it will be a big hit! Thanks again, for the lovely ideas and for all the inspiration you give your fans!

Looks delish!

I have a question, how long would this last in the fridge? Do you think it would start to get watery?
    ~Thanks!

the first time I had this salad was 2 years ago at my friend’s bridal shower! Have thought about it ever since… esp when I spy snickers in my pantry. And i love the textures.. crunchy, soft, creamy, and chocolatey. this is probably my favorite form of “salad” lol!

My mom has been making this for years!! She uses Braeburn apples and I believe adds a little bit of cream cheese.

I have never had Caramel Apple Salad, but have always wanted to try it. Yours looks yummy!

This is awesome!!!! Have had this in my recipe box for several years and it is a great pot-luck or fall item. Thanks for posting!!!!

Tina Bohman says:

Is it pudding mix or someone mentioned 8 oz cream cheese. Have you tried both?

I have been making this for years. I add a hand full of peanuts and chocolate chips. I freeze the Snicker bar and then put them in a plastic bag, I use a mallet to break the candy bar. It breaks up real good. Different size peices. I use both Red Delicious and Granny Smith. The tartness of the Granny Smith is a good contrast to the sweetness of everything else.

Sounds amazing! Have to try. Yummy!

This sounds delicious! Just wondering what you serve it with?? Or do you just eat it like a salad without anything else? I was wondering if you use it as an appetizer type food? Thank you

Hi Chef in Training… Do you serve it with anything or just as a salad? I was going to make it as an appetizer for tommorrow night and wondered if I should use cookies to scoop it out with?

we just eat it as is :) You could definitely serve it with something, but it is fantastic standing alone with a spoon.

This looks absolutely amazing! I’m definitely going to make this for our potluck at work. Could you tell me please, based on your recipe, how many this serves? If I’m making it for say 20 people, would I need to double or even triple the recipe you provided?

I would at least double it but would recommend even tripling it. I know when I make it, it disappears so quick and its always better to be safe than sorry :) ha! Let me know how you like it! Have a great day!

How many people does this serve? Thx, look delish!

Looks delicious! Should be a hit for Halloween also

A comment earlier was not answered but I had the same question. It might be a silly question but how do you eat this? Do you just eat it with a spoon or fork or o you serve it with something???

I just eat it with a spoon! It is just a yummy side dish/dessert :) You could use it however you want to though!

to die for!

I will try this recipe. Looks amazing.

Jenny O. says:

You’re kidding right, Kathleen? Aside from the apples & milk, everything in it is processed junk food. Delicious junk food, but “food” nonetheless.

Kathleen cox says:

Made this over the weekend tasted like a Carmel apple. So good. Do you happen to know nutritional info for this. Can not find a good place to input info of ingredients to find out.

For the nutritional information I would look up what kind of apple’s you used and see the nutritional info for that, then proceed to see the nutritional information for the snickers bars you use…I would also then look up the brand of the carmel you use on top of the entire thing and figure out how much you used then calculate the entire nutritional information in that matter. Timely but worth it. :)

My mom made this a long time ago and since then I have become a complete addict!

This looks so yummy, thinking to make it and want to double recipe. In your recipe 12 oz cool whip is that a large container or small.? In Canada we only have one size 1 litre, so I am trying to figure out what size to use. Thank you!

Just made this for a fall party and it was delicious – but frusterating for a “need-to-follow-the-directions-to-be-able-to-cook-anything” kind of girl like myself! Pudding comes in 5.1 oz boxes (this is the bigger box) but cool whip only comes in 8 oz or 16 oz containers – the receipe calls for a 12 oz tub. And there was no way humanly possibile to fit 6 regular sized chopped apples in the bowl with all the snickers – and have the pudding mix even cover everything. Used 4 chopped apples and 6 snickers – I had to prioritize!

There are 12 oz tubs of cool whip. I currently have 3 of them in my house. And I just made this, all 6 apples fit just fine for me, it just took lots of stirring. Maybe yours were larger than average?

I found this on Pinterest and made it. I can say it was terrible. I did not like the taste of it at all.

Jessica Panfile says:

What’s not to love. I’ve never tasted something so good in my life. Are you sure all the ingredients were good and in date?

My Sis in law forwarded this to me… looks great! It’ll make a perfect sweet treat for this time of year! :)

Teresa Hartsfield says:

I made this for a family get together and it received LOTS of compliments!! I made it the night before and it got a little too watery, I guess maybe because of the moisture from the apples. I might put a little less Cool Whip in it in the future.

This sounds like my kind of heaven!! It will be made this weekend!

Will this last a couple of days? I am going out of town for thanksgiving and am looking for a dish to take along.

Was wondering if the apples turn brown?

I used accidentally bought regular vanilla pudding. Is there any way it could still work?

Thank you, I’m going to make this in the morning for Thanksgiving. It looks & sounds yummy! :-)

I made this today for our familyThanksgiving. It was a huge hit. My brother couldn’t even find the words to describe it, it was so good. Thanks for posting this. I will use this one again and again!

Omg!! This is yummy!! I added marshmallows, lol bcuz I love them so! I made this for a Christmas party and it was gone before any other dessert:)

We use milky ways instead of snickers because of allergies!!!

I made thsi for Chirstmas. I liked the taste, but the consistency of the liquid was off. It tasted more like melted vanilla ice cream. :( It was a fun recipe to try though.

I’ve made this twice but only used apples, Snickers, and Cool Whip and it was awesome! It tasted better the second and third day than it did the first. Since I didn’t use any vanilla pudding, it kept the right consistency and never got runny. I used 3 Granny Smith apples, 2 JonaGold apples (they are much larger than Granny Smith), 3 regular sized Snickers, and an 8 oz tub of Cool Whip. Perfection. I wouldn’t even try to add pudding or caramel.

rikkitikkitavi says:

This is NOT a salad.

I just made this and it tastes amazing. I was reading the comments and one posted that it tasted like melted vanilla ice cream. I actually popped this into the freezer. I am not sure if this will come out, but I’m hoping it freezes a bit. I’m hoping this will be homemade ice cream. YUM!

Can this recipe be made two days before serving?

Pauline Condon says:

Hi Pauline,

I used Washington Crisp Apples and saved a little of the snichers to sprinkle on top.

Enjoy!!!

georgie sikora says:

I made this while pregnant with my 13 year old……it has been a long time gonna have to revisit it soon!

HELP! :)
    I am going to make this recipe for the first time tomorrow and wondered about how much this makes. I am trying to decide if I need to double it, but that would be 12 full size snicker bars and seems like a lot. lol There will be about 11 or 12 of us at this weekends gathering.

I might double it because, at least from my experience, it goes fast :) You will have to let me know how you like it!

Whitney says:

This recipe is to die for! Followed directions except I used Granny Smith apples. Turned out delicious!!! Apples do turn a little brown, but with the chocolate & pudding mixture it looks just fine. This dish was empty after family gathering, so I’m not sure how good the salad would be more than a day old. Will definitely be making again SOON! :)

I love this salad and the caramel looks like it puts it over the top. I have had a version too which has cream cheese and brown sugar in that is very goo too. Thanks :)

Bobbie P says:

This was a tip from another recipe site. It might help with the too-watery consistency some did not prefer. 1 (5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (NO milk, use dry mix, DO NOT prepare!) Mix cool whip and dry pudding mix together.
    Chop apples and chilled Snickers.
    Mix together.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/snickers-caramel-apple-salad-105580

Royce Robertson says:

Thanks for the recipe. Am curious if you are still a Chef in Training or it that just the name of the website? Ha ha. I especially appreciate your site for the easy access and the ability to print a recipe as I have arthritis in my hands and cannot write for very long with a pen. Oddly enough, using a computer is so much easier on them. Anyway, thanks.

My family has always made this with bananas also slice into it. Yum!

Oh um, WOW! I love Snickers and apples. I must try this!

Seriously Cornelia?? No one on here has said this is healthy… and most say “salad.” Don’t eat it if you are on Weight Watchers. Freaking duh.

Cornelia says:

Seriously? Why even include apples? All that fake stuff: the pudding mix, cool whip (the worst stuff ever) and Snickers? This recipe is 94 Weight Watchers points! How about a nice cannoli made with real whipped cream, or some Italian chocolate hazelnut gelato? This is the worst dessert ever. You’re probably better off eating a deep-fried Twinkie.

But Cornelia dear, it’s a “salad”. That should make it ok, right? I mean, Paula Deen needs a replacement, right? She gave herself diabetes with the food-like-substances she created. Certainly there’s a slot for someone who can keep churning out diabetes-inducing dishes that appeal to the insatiable appetite for death-in-a-bowl!

Cornelia, she never said this recipe was healthy. Not all of us are on Weight Watchers either. If you want to make a nice cannoli, then do that. Not everyone likes the same recipes, or eats the same food. If you don’t like a recipe, then keep scrolling. She added this for people that may be interested in making it. We are all aware of how healthy snickers & cool whip are, but thanks for letting us know. I made this for a pot luck a year ago & everyone LOVED it. I’m making it for a 4th of July cookout this week. As long as you aren’t eating this type of food often, I think you’ll survive. :)

I’m from Australa and not used to American products. But is cool whip another ame for the whipped cream in a can?

It’s the same thing. However, cool whip comes in a tub (or bowl) and is usually in the freezer section of a grocery store.

I am on Weight Watchers and plan to make this recipe tonight for a game night tomorrow night. It is only 98 points IF YOU EAT THE WHOLE THING. I did the recipe builder, and if you split into 10 servings, it’s 10 points a piece. (So actually more than 98 points for the whole thing). Not super point-friendly, but definitely not 98 weight watchers points…

cool whip is a frozen mock cream. fresh would probably be better but in america fake seems easier. hope that helps.

hello, what type of brand pudding do you recommend? also, would green apples make this treat sour?

I use a box of Jello Brand Instant pudding mix. Make sure it is dry, do not prepare :) I have only made it this way so I am not sure how it would taste with Green apples. If you try it, please let us know how it works :) Thanks so much!

This is an amazing dessert!!

Diane Farris says:

I’ve had this salad several times at church dinners & I love it. It is delicious! You do not peel the apples. I like it better with red apples & without the Carmel sauce topping. You could use it as a salad or a dessert!

Judy Thomas says:

Was great made it in the Dells the kids loved it and it was GREAT

I put it in a grahm cracker crust sprinkle the top with honey roasted peanuts and drizzle with caramel. I love it as a pie.

Good Morning-whipped this up today for our sewing class…they are going to love it!

Is this still good the next day or best made the day of?

I have a lot of caramel candies leftover from making caramel apples for halloween, so I’m wondering how you think melting those and maybe thinning down with some milk then pouring over the dessert would do compared to the caramel sauce from a bottle/jar? Also, has anyone tried this with a different candy…..like twix or heath bar (same story, I have a lot of those left over from halloween and wondering how it would go rather than snickers?) Thanks for your input.

I love this AS A DESSERT! It is not a salad, people. Not even close to healthy.

It is a dessert :) A salad can be any compilation of ingredients. I always grew up with “dessert salads” so that is why I titled it this way. I am in no way claiming it to be healthy :) I am glad you love it too! Thanks so much for your comment!

Alyssa Diaz says:

How do you eat it? As is. Or can you use crackers for dipping?

We just eat it as is :)

Chelsea says:

I need to make this for my class tomorrow night. If I cut the apples and put it in the fridge over night and in a cooler while I’m at work, will it still be good? Or will the apples turn brown?

Can this be made the night before without the apples turning brown?