The other night I really wanted to make a meal that would make my husband happy and one that would also not be to tedious in the kitchen. When I came across this recipe I knew it would be a smash hit for both of us. It combines so many of my hubbies favorites, namely bacon and BBQ sauce :) and it was SO simple to make! I was amazed at how quickly it threw together! He raved about how great it was and how tender the chicken was. The bacon really helps to make this chicken perfect!
I found this recipe at Money Saving Mom and adapted it slightly to my liking. This was a “wow” slow cooker meal. The combo of apple, BBQ and bacon makes this chicken so moist and fantastic. I made this for dinner and my husband devoured it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, I LOVE Sweet Baby Rays
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ cup lemon juice, fresh or from a bottle
- 5 small apples, peeled and chopped, I used gala
- 8 slices bacon
- In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and peeled/chopped apples.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon and place in a greased slow cooker.
- Pour BBQ-apple mixture over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.
(recipe adapted from: Money Saving Mom)