A couple weekends ago, we had a big family gathering. When that happens, a fabulous breakfast is always a must.
I LOVE big breakfasts on the weekend, especially when there are lots of people to enjoy it. One of my favorite breakfasts are the overnight casseroles. They are SO easy to make and all you do is throw them in the oven in the morning. No prep work in the morning? Totally my way of doing things!
This recipe was given to me by my cute sister-in-law Autumn and is now one of my absolute FAVORITES! It is heaven in your mouth… seriously!
- 1 loaf Cinnamon Bread, I used Cinnabon brand, but you can use any cinnamon loaf. Great Harvest is great!
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. light karo syrup
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is melted.
- Pour in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Cut bread into 1 inch squares.
- Cut cream cheese into small squares.
- Layer half of bread squares over brown sugar mixture in the 9x13. Next sprinkle a layer of cream cheese squares. Top with remaining bread squares.
- Whisk eggs, cream and cinnamon in a bowl until beaten thoroughly. Pour over bread making sure to cover all the bread. Press bread down if necessary.
- Cover and Store in fridge overnight.
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until brown and set. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar if desired.