This dish was completely inspired by my husband.
One of my hubby’s favorite sandwiches consists of chicken, bacon and ranch. So I thought to myself how fun it would be to surprise him and put those things into a dinner dish. I made a Ranch-Alfredo Sauce and the end result was super yummy! This will definitely be going into our dinner rotation!
- 10-12 oz penne pasta
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- ¾ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream (milk would be fine, too)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing, I used Lite House
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to its package's directions. Drain. I always add a little olive oil after I drain it and stir in around so the pasta noodles don't stick together or the pot.
- Toss in cooked and chopped chicken as well as cooked and crumbled bacon into the pasta.
- TO MAKE RANCH ALFREDO SAUCE: Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and stir to combine. Once you have your roux, add heavy cream (or milk) stir constantly until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in Garlic salt, onion powder and ranch dressing until well combined.
- Pour ranch alfredo over pasta, chicken and bacon. Stir to evenly combine.
- Add in shredded cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour into a casserole pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.