When I was younger, and actually up until about 6 months ago, I HATED bacon. Crazy huh?! Little did I know how much FLAVOR I was missing out on!
Fact about my hubby (and most men in general): My husband is an intense meat lover.
A couple weeks ago, we went to a restaurant called Tucanos for a wedding luncheon for one of his cousins. This restaurant is a dream come true for my husband. All you can eat meat, and not just any meat… perfectly cooked, delicious, moist and flavorful meat. I kid you not when I say that we were the LAST ones to leave the table because my hubby would not flip over the block that signals the waiter you are done eating. I just sat there patiently waiting, knowing that my husband would go home one very happy man. One of the meats they served was bacon wrapped turkey. It was outstanding! I went home and tried to search out a recipe similar to this when I came across this one from Kayotic Kitchen. I adapted it to what I had on hand and to jazz it up just a bit, and let me tell you, it turned out DELICIOUS. The smell of the marinade cooking made my house smell SO good! I was literally drooling to take a bite of one of them! (not joking). When my hubby got home and saw what I had cooked up, he beamed from ear to ear. I don’t think I have seen him grin that big over food… ever.
These would be the perfect party appetizer, game day food, or basically any occasion is a good enough excuse to make these! If my man was smiling that big over these, I know yours will too :)
Honey Mustard Glazed Chicks in a Blanket
By August 16, 2012
These are the perfect party appetizer, game day food, or simply a great recipe to make period. They are SO good!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts Or about 3 medium chicken breasts
- 20 strips bacon
- 6 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Slice chicken breasts into 20 thin slices, about 1 inch thick.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each chicken strip and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Arrange all the "chicks in a blanket" so that they fit nicely.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, dijon mustard, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Brush have of Honey Mustard Glaze over the tops of all the "Chicks in a blanket".
- Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes or until bacon is nice and crispy on the tops. Take out of oven and flip them all over to the other sides. Brush remaining Honey Mustard Glaze over the tops and bake for an additional 12 minutes or until bacon is nice and crispy on that side too. Be sure and keep an eye on them.
(recipe adapted from: Kayotic Kitchen)