So I have to attribute these beautiful funnel cakes to my mom.
She was going to babysit my kids because me and my hubby had to go run some errands. I walked into her home to find these lovelys on the counter. She so kindly let me photograph them and share the recipe she used with you! She found the recipe from All Recipes and it is here in our family to stay! Everyone loved it!
They are so soft and delicious! We like to top ours with honey butter and powdered sugar!
I then whipped up another batch to feed the rest of the masses, and I can tell you, this recipe is FANTASTIC! It is not only delicious but SUPER quick to make!
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1⅓ cups sifted flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- equal amounts butter and honey
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Mix in milk until incorporated.
- Add salt, sugar, flour and baking powered to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour oil into a heavy pan until it is 1 inch deep and heat on stove to 375 degrees F.
- Pour batter through funnel into oil with a circular motion to form a spiral. You can also pour it into a ziplock bag and snip off a corner and pipe it into the oil as well.
- Fry until lightly brown; turn over to brown the other side. Cook to golden brown, and remove to drain on paper towels.
- Spread on some honey butter and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar while still warm.