Cookies and Cream Popcorn

Okay, lets talk about the ultimate snack food for a minute… Popcorn.

Who doesn’t LOVE popcorn?!

If you haven’t’ yet, be sure and check out my Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn, because really, it is FANTASTIC!

Today I bring you another AMAZING popcorn that my mom and I created. I was down visiting last week for a wedding and realized she had a TON of Oreos to use up and this is what we came up with. The end result, well, lets just say there was none left to spare :)

With only 3 INGREDIENTS, this popcorn is not only delicious, but super easy to whip up!

Cookies and Cream Popcorn

Cookies and Cream Popcorn!  Only 3 ingredients, making it not only delicious, but super easy!

By Chef in Training August 12, 2012

Only 3 ingredients, making it not only delicious, but super easy!

1. Melt white vanilla almond bark according to package directions until completely melted and smooth consistency.
  2. Drizzle almond bark over popped popcorn.
  3. Sprinkle finely crushed oreo crumbs through out popcorn to evenly distribute.
  4. Let almond bark set up and dig in!

Comments

I love popcorn – and Oreos -I mean, this is destined to be awesome!

I WILL make this!

Oh my word! This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try!

Oh my gosh – this is brilliant!!!

This looks great! Where do you find almond bark, I don’t know if I have ever seen it.

how did you make popcorn more AWESOMER?!? D:

Nikki, this popcorn is sooooo fun!

Chocolate covered popcorn is one of my all time go to treats to make!!! I love that this is coated in yummy oreos too:-)

Seriously mind blowing!

Nikki, this is awesome! I love popcorn–and your caramel marshmallow popcorn–and I know this one will be awesome, too. Who doesn’t love cookies and cream??

This looks divine!!!! Definitely must try this!

My son would love this. Two of his favorites, popcorn and oreos, in one treat!

Hello, new favorite popcorn!!

I mean sometimes I really just wonder how on earth I haven’t thought up these simple recipes before! Between this popcorn and the puppy chow – I am left speechless this morning. Nikki, you’ve outdone yourself! I love the ease of this and I don’t think I’d be able to STOP eating it!

Oh my Nikki,
    I’m SO EXCITED to try this!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can’t explain what a BLESSING your Chef-in-traing website is to my family!!! My Oldest Daughrer turned me on to it and its been AMAZING! ever since!! Thank You!! Keep up the good work !!! I think I might use this for neighbor gifts this Christmas!!! You’re AWESOME!!!!!!

Yummy! I’m going to have to try this one. I really do enjoy popcorn especially popcorn balls!

This is a fantastic idea. I intend on making it with Mint Oreos and chocolate as my favorite combo is warm popcorn with a box of junior mints thrown in :-)

This is super simple and looks delish! I love using vanilla almond bark on popcorn. Why didn’t I think of adding oreos? Thanks for sharing.

Oh my…. I’m DROOLING over here! I can’t wait to try this! (My baby bump isn’t the only body part growing during this pregnancy… my thighs and bum have no hope! Especially when I see recipes like this :) ha ha)

I think that this is a fantastic idea. One thing that you could do is color the almond bark orange and you have a great harvest/Halloween party snack. Thanks I will def. be using this recipe. My husband loves popcorn…and oreos so I can’t see this being anything other than a hit.

Would it work if I used white chocolate chips instead??

Can you substitute the “almond bark”? I’m in Australia & have no idea what it is?

Yes! Almond bark is white baker’s chocolate. So you could substitute it with any white chocolate that is meant to melt (chocolate chips are NOT meant to melt, but you could use white chocolate bars or white chocolate fondue chips)

Is this something u can make in advance or should u make it right before event?

Alison Genet says:

If you want to make this popcorn for presents, can you recommend how to package it so it doesn’t get chewy?

I helped run a gourmet popcorn shop for 2 and a half years and this is similar to the recipe that we used to make Oreo Cookies and Cream popcorn it’s delicious…

I love this recipe. Easy and delicious. I dedicated a blog post to it on my blog because I want to share the love. You are such a great cooking inspiration. Keep up the good work.

Are you using plain popcorn? This is probably a silly question, but I always buy the buttered popcorn, and I guess I haven’t actually noticed if there were bags of just plain popcorn. Thanks!

If you didn’t like almonds, do you know what would be a good substitute for this recipe? Thanks!

Yes I am also wondering on the type of popcorn used? Buttered in microwave or air popped? Also did you lay it all on a cookie sheet then spread the chocolate or mix it in a bowl? I’m planning this for Christmas gifts, yummy!!

I use just plain white popcorn (it might be lightly buttered) if I am doing bagged… but you don’t want the butter flavor to over power the popcorn. You want the sweetness of the white chocolate and oreo to be the main flavors :) My mom does air popped with plain white popcorn and adjusts the recipe according to how many cups of popped popcorn she is working with. hope that helps. let me know if you have any further questions, I am happy to help.

Elizabeth says:

I just made a half recipe and it is DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Juanita Ross says:

20 fine-crushed oreos = ? cups….I have crushed oreos that need to be used.

Kelly McCulley says:

I am thinking about making this for my daughter’s teachers for Christmas and putting it in a festive container.. I know it says 9 cups…she has three teachers (speech, occupational therapy and regular classroom) would one batch do it for three teachers or would you suggest two batches? I would like for them to have a good amount. Maybe three?

I think one batch would be the perfect amount for three teachers. You would end up with about 3 cups for each teacher. If you want any more than that per person, then I would recommend 2 batches. Let me know how it turns out for you!

This recipe got 4 thumbs up by my two boys :-) I doubled the popcorn so it would go further on my goodie trays….and it still is very well coated! Thanks for sharing with us!

My kids are going to love this! Can’t wait to make it this weekend.

made this at all i can say is its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loved deff be making this again

I’m going to make this for our local human society bake sale this weekend. I’m
    planning to put the popcorn in quart size ziplock bags. I made up cute labels for the bags
    too. I’m thinking I’ll need to triple the recipe, but not sure yet. Thanks for this great
    idea. I hope there is some extra for my family!

Humane society rather.. not human society. LOL!

This turned out wonderful. and it was easy. I used blocks of white chocolate for melting instead of white almond bark. It stored best in fridge or the chocolate doesn’t stay as hard. I put the popcorn in quart size zip up bags to sell at a bake sale and put a label on them. I got about 5 quart sized bags per batch or about 3 cups per bag. (I used about 9-10 cups of popcorn). There is plenty of chocolate and cookies that you could use more popcorn per batch and it would still be coated enough. I will make this again. Delicious! A big hit with everyone!

Cinderfella says:

Way too much almond bark. There’s so much that it turns the batch into one giant popcorn ball, and it dilutes the cookies to a gray color. It’s very tasty, so on the next batch, I would make these modifications: try one half to one third the amount of almond bark, and after mixing, spread it out into a single layer of wax paper. I would probably keep the crushed cookie amount the same. If there is excess cookie dust at the bottom of the bowl, I’ll reduce it the next time.

Oh my goodness, I can get my popcorn and oreo intake at the same time … how efficient!

This looks so good! You seriously can’t go wrong with oreos in anything! Pinning to remember to try later!

My daughter’s wedding is going to be black and white and we have been looking for dessert ideas to fit this color scheme so this popcorn will be perfect. Thanks so much for posting.

Looks amazing! I will be trying this ASAP.

Hanna Deland says:

I just bought the supplies for this today. I will be dying the white almond bark orange for a nice Halloween treat!

I made this with a group of friends; it was DELICIOUS!