This salad was a classic in my home growing up. This recipe comes from my grandma’s cookbook and I am sure will work its way into yours!
It has such a great flavor and the perfect amount of crunch. It is also incredibly easy to whip up. My whole family loves this and I am sure yours will, too!
Chinese Chicken Salad
By July 26, 2012Published:
An easy and delicious salad to throw together with the perfect amount of crunch!
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (16 oz) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 packages Beef Top Ramon dry, save the packets
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 cups cooked and diced/shredded chicken
- . SAUCE . .
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 packets beef seasoning from Top Ramon packages listed above
- In a large mixing bowl, toss sunflower seeds, coleslaw, chopped green onions and chicken.
- Smash Top Ramon packets with fists until they are crushed into small pieces. Reserve beef packets for sauce. Add Top Ramon pieces to salad and toss to evenly distribute.
- In blender, combine peanut oil, sugar, vinegar and beef packets. Blend until evenly mixed.