Coffee cake was a weekend staple in my home growing up. I love it so much! When I saw this recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod that involved yogurt, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the recipe, get in the kitchen, and start baking! The batter was absolutely amazing! MMM! And the cake… well, it was DELICIOUS! The Greek Yogurt really does add a very unique and amazing flavor to this traditional breakfast recipe!
This cake is as delicious as it is gorgeous! Definitely a great recipe to have around when company comes :)
The frosting tops this recipe up to absolute perfection!
Yogurt Coffee Cake
By June 9, 2012
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
A delicious breakfast recipe that will have everyone coming back for more!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 12 Tbsp. butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt I used Chobani brand
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- . STREUSEL . .
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter cold
- . CREAM CHEESE GLAZE . .
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp. butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. milk more or less to get to desired consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour (I use Baker's Joy) a 10-inch tube pan or bunt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar for 4 to 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla and Greek yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined. Finish stirring with a spatula to be sure the batter is completely mixed.
- For the streusel, place the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and butter in a bowl and pinch together with your fingers until it forms a crumble.
- Spoon half the batter into the pan and spread it out with a knife. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Spoon the rest of the batter in the pan, spread it out, and scatter the remaining streusel on top. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Carefully transfer the cake, onto a serving plate.
- To make the cream cheese glaze, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla extract and milk. Beat until smooth and until you have a glaze consistency. Drizzle cream cheese glaze over cooled cake and serve.
recipe from: Two Peas and Their Pod