Easy Steak Marinade

So I am going to tell you all a cute story about my husband.

I remember after one of my first dates with my hubby, about 6 years ago, we went back to hang out at his apartment trying to come up with something fun we could make for dinner.  I opened the cupboards to find basically top ramen.  I opened up the fridge to basically find milk and “cheese sticks”.  I was shocked!  I turned to him and said, “what do you eat?!”  He told me he made a “pretty dang good bowl of Ramen.”  That basically summed up my husband’s cooking expertise.  How he had made it his entire life without cooking much of anything floored me.  Needless to say we went out to eat that night :)

For Christmas last year, we got a brand new amazing grill!  I have been DREAMING of owning one since the day my hubby and I got married!  Derek, my husband, was even more ecstatic that I was.  When we got our grill, for the couple weeks he wouldn’t let me near it!  He told me that he was going to make up for the Ramen and grill me a good steak!

My husband LOVES steak!… like I am sure most men out there do.  This marinade is SO easy and tastes AMAZING!

Easy Steak Marinade

Easy Steak Marinade!

By Chef in Training June 13, 2012

With just 3 basic ingredients, this marinade can't be beat! It is both easy and delicious!

1. In a small bowl, juice the lime. Add oil and Canadian Steak seasoning and stir to combine.
  2. Place flank steak in a shallow dish and pour on the lime-oil-seasoning. Using your hands massage it into the meat covering all sides. This will help the meat absorb the seasoning better.
  3. Let it sit covered for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better.
  4. Grill up until desired doneness and eat up!

Comments

Crystal says:

This looks mouthwatering! I think we will be having steak for Father’s Day!

Yumm! Great Father’s Day Idea!

Denise G says:

Where do you get the Canadian Seasoning?

I am glad Derek had finally manned up a bit and learned how to use the grill.

Amazon carries this seasoning

Debora Cadene says:

Here is a dumb question about flank steak. What is it and does it actually taste good? I have never tried it, but see it alot in recipies……. (told ya it was a silly question)

Can you tell us what is in Canadian steak seasoning since I have no access to it.

I buy it at Sam’s Club or Costco, but it is basically the same thing as Montreal Seasoning :) Hope that helps!

Beatrice Jarrell says:

Thank you for being so quick with your response. That helps me out alot. Have a great weekend!!

Jennifer Gonzales says:

I made this on Saturday and it turned out AMAZING! I have never done anything with flank steak before and since it isn’t the cheapest cut I was nervous. We live in a condo so I had to use our undoor grill and it still turned out perfectly.

Beatrice Jarrell says:

Hi Nikki,

Love your website! I have a question regarding the steak marinade recipe. It calls for 3T of Canadian Steak Seasoning. I live in Ohio and I have never seen this seasoning. Is it a homemade recipe of yours and if it is could I please get the recipe? Thank you!