So I am going to tell you all a cute story about my husband.
I remember after one of my first dates with my hubby, about 6 years ago, we went back to hang out at his apartment trying to come up with something fun we could make for dinner. I opened the cupboards to find basically top ramen. I opened up the fridge to basically find milk and “cheese sticks”. I was shocked! I turned to him and said, “what do you eat?!” He told me he made a “pretty dang good bowl of Ramen.” That basically summed up my husband’s cooking expertise. How he had made it his entire life without cooking much of anything floored me. Needless to say we went out to eat that night :)
For Christmas last year, we got a brand new amazing grill! I have been DREAMING of owning one since the day my hubby and I got married! Derek, my husband, was even more ecstatic that I was. When we got our grill, for the couple weeks he wouldn’t let me near it! He told me that he was going to make up for the Ramen and grill me a good steak!
My husband LOVES steak!… like I am sure most men out there do. This marinade is SO easy and tastes AMAZING!
- 1-2 lbs. flank steak
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp. Canadian Steak Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a small bowl, juice the lime. Add oil and Canadian Steak seasoning and stir to combine.
- Place flank steak in a shallow dish and pour on the lime-oil-seasoning. Using your hands massage it into the meat covering all sides. This will help the meat absorb the seasoning better.
- Let it sit covered for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better.
- Grill up until desired doneness and eat up!