This meal was almost to easy to throw together! I LOVE Chicken Parmesan…but in the crock pot, I LOVE it even MORE! I found this recipe over at Siggy Spice and My family kept raving about how much they liked this meal and I am sure yours will, too! It has such a great flavor! Both the chicken and the sauce are absolutely incredible! Try it out and see for yourselves!
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
- favorite jarred marinara sauce
- Spread the 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until beaten.
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with egg and bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like.
- Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.
- Close lid and cook on low for about 5 hours or until chicken is done.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
(recipe from: Siggy Spice)