No Bake Oreo Truffles

Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!

I have been making these Oreo Truffles since Derek and I first got married.  They are SO EASY to whip up for a party or get together with friends or just to make a husband happy! (My husband’s favorite thing is Oreos)  I made a batch of these for him to take to work earlier this week.

The best part about this recipe…It only has 3 INGREDIENTS!

No Bake Oreo Truffles

P1100282-41

By Chef in Training November 12, 2011

Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes! I have been making these Oreo Truffles since Derek and I …

1. Chop Oreos up finely in a food processor. Save some of the finely crushed Oreos for garnish later and set it aside. You don't need too much.
  2. With hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined.
  3. Roll into 1" balls and place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Put in freezer for 15 minutes.
  4. While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.
  5. Pull the Oreo Truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate. Garnish with reserved Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets up.
  6. Let chocolate set, refrigerate and enjoy!

For those that were wondering what kind of chocolate I used, here is a picture of mine.  I used about half of the package.  I followed the microwave instructions.  I used a small but tall bal to dip them in so that the entire truffle could easily be covered and carefully lifted it out with a fork (you can use skewers as well) and tapped my fork on the side to let any excess chocolate drip off.  It is ideal to cover them with chocolate right after they have sat in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.  The cold helps the chocolate set up faster.

Comments

Jenny @ Simcoe Street says:

These are awesome! Dumb question but how do you dip them in the melted chocolate?

I used two forks. Its easiest when the balls are frozen, so if you’re making a large batch don’t take them all out at once.

I love this one! I used 8 oz. the first time I made them and agree that it's easier to use less!

The Answer Is Chocolate says:

Totally PINNED to make these as part of my holiday cookie platters!

Heather G. says:

Yum!!! Definitely want to try these! My hubby loves oreos too!

These looks divine! I love Oreos and these are even better than the cookies themselves! Can't wait to make my own batch! :)

These look amaz

and i am glad u made another post…these look awesome !!! i used to make the oreo brownies for the holidays and all of my 40 neices and nephews loved them, but wait till they get their hands on these..gf..quick i need to write down this recipe..

p.s..are you using white chocalate for coating?

@sabri Yes, I used white chocolate for my coating, but you could also use milk chocolate too if you wanted! I have had them both ways and both taste amazing!

or almond bark?

@sabri You could definitely use almond bark too!

@Jenny @ Simcoe Street That is not a dumb question at all! I just plopped the chilled Oreo ball into the bowl of white chocolate and turned it carefully with my spoon and spooned on chocolate until it was covered. Then I carefully scooped it out on top of a fork and and tapped the fork on the side of the bowl to help remove any excess chocolate then put it onto wax paper. I have also skewered it and dipped it in then tapped the skewer on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate as well. There are probably better ways but I am all about quick and fast! haha! I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!

WOW. I NEED to make these. My husband loves Oreos too. I think we would all love these at my house.

How many does this make?

thanks girl…you rock!!

Mmm, I'm totally getting a craving right now :)

Visiting via TJ. Holy cow! These look devine!

Carrie's Experimental Kitchen says:

I'm definitely printing these out to make, the kids will LOVE them!

I love these! Thanks! Shay :}http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/

I just made these, and I think I used too thick of White Chocolate (Ghiradelli), because coating them was a chore, but they still taste FANTASTIC!

Danielle says:

IF you are having a hard time with the melted choco because it is too thick you can use about a teaspoon of veg. oil to thin it out.. works like a charm! (just mix it right in with the melted choco)

ReMadeSimple Kristina says:

I first had these this fall-so amazing and really taste like gourmet! thanks for posting the recipe!

Yummmy..These look amazing.. I have a Pin Inspirational party happening today I'll love for you to link this too please :)) TY http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursday.html ..Wishing you an awesome day..M

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden says:

These sound delicious and look so pretty! Keeper!

about blue cedar lane says:

woah. i LOVE oreos. I'm sure I'd eat the entire batch. not the best move for my backside.

Love oreo truffles, yours are beautiful!

New fan, I found you through the blog hop. These sound great!www.spicedwithlove.com

Delicious! I must make these! Just wanted to let you know that I featured this today! http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/11/show-share-14-features.html

you can also use nutter butter cookies for a peanut butter taste.

Just to be sure, they need to be refrigerated, right? I'm looking for recipes for cookies to send to soldiers.

What kind of dipping chocolate do you use??

Looks yummy! How many can you make with this recipe?

If u use regular Oreos instead of double stuff u generally need more cream cheese. :) but with that extra cream cheese in the double stuff ones u can get by with less. Love these!!!!

@Anonymous Yes they do need to be covered and refrigerated after making (If not devoured right away :) )@Anonymous I used a white almond bark melting chocolate. I'll update with a picture when I return back home after the holidays@Anonymous They make quite a few. I would say about 20, give or take depending on the size you make them.

Hi, I cant find your email address to email you directly, but would love to make these gorgeous truffles and post them on my blog as I am always looking for simple no bake ideas. Of course I will say the recipe comes from you and link back to your site. Can you please email me if this is ok :)leecarolineart@gmail.comThanksLee

I'll be featuring you in an hour or so… Thank you so much for sharing!

jessicalambstamps.com says:

I am so making these! Thanks for sharing!

I "liked" Chef In Training" on Facebook

I "liked" Nambe on Facebook.

The only problem I had was dipping them in chocolate. It's hard to cover the entire thing with chocolate. I tried using my fingers but that didn't work out so well. Next I used toothpicks, but it was still hard to get them completely covered.

If I didn't do it fast enough the oreo ball would just fall apart even after being in the freezer.

Even though they weren't as pretty as these they were still pretty darn delicious!

Anonymous says:

I add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or raspberry preserves for variety.

These are really yummy, but has anyone tried the Mint Oreo's for this?

I just tried this recipe and i was dissapointed. They did not come out as good as the picture looks. Will not be making again.

These are the bomb! Easy and delicious, can life get any better!

I use toothpicks to dip mine. After I roll them into a ball I stick a toothpick in the top, then put them in the freezer. After dipping gently pull the toothpick out and you have perfectly dipped balls for the nice look. For Christmas I top with crushed candy cane. Enjoy!

I love these things they r really addictive we r going to make them for our baking this weekend I can't wait!!!

Just made these! They are DELICIOUS! And so easy. Thanks for the recipe!!

How many does it make?

Everything looks so good I don't know what I want to try first. I have printed several of your receipes to try.

No way, I am making these this weekend!!!! They sound amazing and how can they not be good. yum!!! {Newest follower}

You can use all the different flavors of the oreos, like mint… to make different flavored truffles.

I made these today, so easy and really good!

Just made these – I used 2 packs of regular Oreos (crushed), reserved 1 cup for topping, 1.5 8 oz. packs of cream cheese, & 1.5 boxes of Baker's white chocolate bars melted. Made about 55 truffles, but the white chocolate was way too thick & sugary to completely coat each truffle IMHO (my sweet tooth husband requested less white choc). So I ended up drizzling, which was way faster & easier, & they're a huge hit!

So overwhelming were the positive replies, yet, I am with the few who found the chocolate chunky and cumbersome-not looking at all like the picture; it was a huge chore to cover the cookies. Is there something I am doing wrong? I noticed nobody really addressed this issue. I used a double broiler to melt-yet it was sticky?

@Anonymous I am sorry you had trouble with the dipping chocolate. I have included a picture of the kind I used as well as some tips to hopefully help them turn out better. Let me know if you have any more questions! I would love to help in any way I can!

This might be a dumb question too. But do you use the whole oreo ,center and all, or just the cookies? I going to make these later this week and am very excited

@Anonymous yep! You just throw the whole oreo into a food processor (or a zip lock bag and smash with a rolling pin) and grind it up real fine! Let me know how they turn out for you!

I made these with mint oreos! They are SO good!

I think I know what 3 ingredients I will be grabbing at the store. These sound delicious.

Ive been making these for years! i was so happy to see this on here..You can also use food coloring to color almond bark. ie: pink or blue for baby showers or green and red for christmas..

I use CANDI-QUIK (Walmart), and I add crushed candy canes to the melted chocolate…Dee-lish!!

You rock! These are so good. I only hope I can not eat them all and actually give them to my neighbors for Christmas. I will for sure make them again .. and again .. and again ;) Thank you and Merry Christmas!

I'm just curious if you have to use a food processor to crush them or do you think it can be done with your hands? I don't have a food processor.

A friend of my made some and I fell in love right away!! I'm going to try and make some of my own this week!!! Thank you so much!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love to hear what others are using for the chocolate dipping. Thanks

I made these today…I used 8 oz. cream cheese, will try less next time. I used a metal skewer to dip the frozen balls into the chocolate bark but when I tried to release the skewer it took some of the icing with it. I was glad I had crushed Oreos and candy cane to cover the hole. I should have read the comments before making…next time I will try to the toothpick method. They really do taste like truffles.

These are delicious! The chocolate part is a little too sweet, but I think if you just drizzled it over the top like someone else commented it will be less overwhelming.I freezered these for 15 minutes like you said and just dropped the entire ball in the melted almond bark, then scooped it up with a fork and they turned out perfectly!

my 2 year old and 3 year old LOVED helping me crush the cookies. And I added a little crisco to the melted white chocolate and it thinned it out a little and made it easier to coat the truffles

i made these tonight for Christmas eve. They look so good!! I used corn on the cob stickers to help me dip them in the chocolate. It really helped!

These look quick and easy. Plan to make them in the morning!

have been making these for several yrs my original called for the family size oreo and 8oz cream cheese.They have down sized their packking so now the 15 oz pack isn't enough, I add another half pkg of oreos

I just made these and they were outstanding. I didn't know you had these on your blog too otherwise I would have totally adopted your recipe! They are to die for!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas <3

Do you have any problems with the coating cracking? I've made a few batches and can't seem to avoid it. Any secrets would be appreciated! Thanks!

This is a great recipe! Thanks for sharing! I used milk chocolate and white chocolate and added 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to thin the chocolate. Doesn't change the flavor at all.

My daughter has made these, so delicious!

Do you use white chocolate?

do you process the cream in the middle too?

you use the white almond bark or just white chocolate chips are good too!

you didnt make that very clear!

I just made these tonight for my mom's birthday :) I can't wait to present them to her. I used one package of Double Stuff Oreos (I ALMOST went with the chocolate creme Oreos, as those have the same amount of creme as double stuff but are even more chocolatey yummm haha–but I decided against since I was going with chocolate coating), approximately 4 oz cream cheese (I can see why this amount is recommended, I think it was the perfect amount for the one package of Double Stuff Oreos), and I used Baker's Dipping Milk Chocolate (microwavable). My chocolate does not look as thick as the blogger's truffles look, but I think mine have a good amount. I left some plain dipped, some with a little bit of crushed Oreo on them, some with powdered sugar, and some with sprinkles from a Pillsbury Funfetti cake frosting can :) I used a thick toothpick to dip them in the chocolate, but I did not completely cover them. For my first time making them, I think they turned out pretty darn great! I made about 20 or so, ate one plain Oreo (lol), and dipped two other Oreos in the chocolate for fun! These truffles are easy and inexpensive to make and I definitely recommend them! :)

they are even better dipped in milk chocolate with a white chocolate drizzle. i mix mine in my kitchen aid mixer ;)

I just made these and followed your recipe exactly. They are so delicious!!!!! I used Nestle white chocolate and it worked perfectly. Yumm!

They are even better when you mix in some powdered sugar with the Oreo/Cream Cheese mixture :)

Chef in Training, these are DIVINE!! (and very dangerous!) haha Thanks for the recipe; I have a feeling I will be making them often :)

Easy, Awesome and looks much harder then it is.

Straws inserted in them to give as "Lollipops" are good too.

I am new to this, so I don't know what to put where it say's select profile.

I just finished making these and they turned out great!!!!

Can i leave these in the fridge over night already with the chocolate?

Woah, those look amazing!

My bff made these for x-mas exchange. They are awesome!

I just made these for a friend's birthday. They are so yummy and SO easy! Thanks!

These look amazing! I want to make them for the super bowl!!

When I make these, I put a toothpick in each one before freezing.

even loved in germany! made them this morning and they've already gone :) thank you so much for this simple but delicious recipe!! susanne

I made these for super bowl and it was a hit!!! Everyone LOVED it!!! Thanks for sharing!

Made these tonight for my family! Totally awesome!!! Thanks!

I just put them in the chocolate and use a fork to lift them out.

I have made these with the mint oreos and the peanut butter oreos………..sooo good. The mint ones remind me of girl scout cookies.

Will this work if you just add the cream cheese to the food processor after the oreos are crushed? or do you need to mix it by hand?

Stupid question, but do you use cream cheese or cream cheese frosting?

I made these for a slient auction bake sale to benefit a local pet rescue group and they went for $27 for a dozen!!!

Followed your exact recipe.. very delicious. I also inserted toothpicks before putting in the freezer and dipped fine in the chocolate.

They are very delicious, however getting the cream cheese & crumbled oreos mixed together was a huge mess. Suggestions??? Also how soft for the cream cheese??

wow can't wait to make these but ohhhhh how bad for me lol ,thanks for the post

Cream cheese

I bet these would be good by double dipping? Put in White Chocolate, refrigerate and then in Milk Chocoalte!!!YUM…What do you think?

I know. They are really good, you should try them!

Is there something else you can use instead of cream cheese? Like frosting? Sorry not a fan of cream cheese.

I just made these this afternoon and I thought it couldn't have been easier! I used one 15.35oz package of Double Stuff Oreos, approx 6oz cream cheese (about 3/4 of the brick) and Vanilla flavored Candi-Quik. I also used a #100 cookie/ice-cream scoop (about the size of a melon-baller) to portion each one as I rolled them so they would be uniform and that yielded approximately 45 truffles. I thought the candy coating worked pretty well, it coated evenly but the shell is a bit thinner so it isn't too over-sweet (at least IMO). They look like the picture above! My husband is raving about them! Will definitely make these again and maybe with some of the variations listed in the comments above. :-)

Do you think if I was to get a second box of the double stuff oreos if I was to scrape out the filling from the cookies and heat that up instead of chocolate that it would cover the truffles like the chocolate would with the same coverage and consistancy? I want to do this for my girlfriends baby shower on Sunday and die the oreo filling I would be melting blue because she is having a boy. Thoughts?

Where do you get "Almond Bark"? I live in Washington State….guess i could always use candy melts of a diff type

They look so good, do have a question tho, I would assume you use the whole cookie, meaning the cream inside, and then cream cheese too, but in the picture you don't see any white really, thinking maybe it turns dark from the black cookie or is it I just can't see it in this picture?

They do turn out mostly black inside from crushing them up really well. I just made them tonight for the first time. I used milk chocolate chips as the chocolate coating and they are to die for! What a great recipe!

Make these even better… add crushed candy canes or starlight mints to it! To die for at Christmas time!

What happens if you don't have a food processor?

I have been making these for years, I remove the white center of the Oreo and use 8 oz of cream cheese. Then dip in white chocolate. I feel it's too sweet leaving the creamed filling in the Oreo the white chocolate is sweet enough

Your chocolate was too hot. Try a double broiler. If you don't have one then use an electric skillet put water in it. Place a glass bowl in the center. Place your chocolate in the glass bowl keep the heat on low just enough to melt the chocolate.

Remove the white center and use 8 oz of cream cheese. They won't be too sweet then

You can put them in a ziplock bag and seal it up then roll and crush them with a rolling pin. That is what I did before a food processor.

Yes the dark cookie turns them black after being finely crushed and combined.

It really isn't chocolate at all if you read the package front …no where does it say chocolate. It is Almond bark…a candy coating. If you do want chocolate you have to buy the chocolate chips. I really don't know if there is a real white chocolate. Cocoa is brown and that is where chocolate comes from. The Cocoa bean.

I just finished making these and they are delicious!!

Made these tonight with the mint oreos…delish!! I ate way too many!

made these for a shower-turned out perfectly!!! a big hit! i'm making them again this weekend for a housewarming do you thinking making them on thursday night they'll still be good for Saturday afternoon?

I am making these today, they're in the freezer. I'm using "Candy-Melts" in vanilla for the coating. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

okay…reporting back! OMG!! these things are absolutely delicious. The "Candy Melts" worked perfectly. I gave one to me husband after the first couple had set up…he was speechless and then started to moan…lol….we are four for four with recipes from your site! Thankyou so much for sharing all these wonderful things with us!

I Live in Scotland and can't get double stuff oreos. will regular Oreos work?

I used regular oreos and about 6 oz of cream cheese and they were a big hit at my dads birthday! Soooo yummy!

I freeze the batter as a whole for an hour before I roll the balls and dip into chocolate, makes it much former and easier to handle and to roll into a ball! ~brooke

wow. rude.

How many does this make?

I just made these and they are great!!!I also posted about your Blog on Harold Jaffe Jewelers facebook page…thank you for the inspiration!!!

These look amazing! Looking forward to making them for an upcoming event. Question….can I make the Oreo Cookie balls ahead and freeze them for a couple of weeks. Thanks!

Quick question: Do these actually taste cheesy? I’m a bit worried about that…

No they don’t! They are really good! If you make them, let me know how they turned out for you!

Thanks so much for posting this delicious and easy recipe!
    They were a big hit with my family! Using the ingredients
    you listed I was able to get 35 truffles. Like you, I used half
    of the almond bark, 4 ounces of cream cheese and a 15 ounce
    package of Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies. I reserved a quarter
    cup of the oreo mixture for garnishing the tops of the truffles. YUM!!!

love the truffles almost like cake balls delicious great for parties thank you so much for sharing.

Savannah Puder says:

My husband is deployed in afganistan and loves oreo’s I was thinking about making these for him to send in a care package. It is summertime there do you think that the chocolate on the outside would melt? I don’t want to send it to him all melted.

I made these today, but changed recipe by forming Oreo mixture around a drained maraschino cherry. Delish!

Love these! Gonna use red and blue sprinkles as a garnish for the fourth :)
    I love your blog, you have a BEAUTIFUL family! keep on cooking! haha

Rebecca says:

Just wanted to say I love these truffles! This is my second time making them and this time it’s for adult party favors for my 2 year old son’s “bubble” themed party this weekend. I used the pastel candy melts instead of chocolate or almond bark and I didn’t garnish them so they look like little pastel bubbles in clear favor bags. So cute!! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!

I just made them and they came out just awesome!! Thank you somuch for the great recipe!
    I froze them before dipping them in chocolate what made it a lot easier.
    And of course they taste super yummy too!

definitely gonna try making these..they look really nice!

Macarena says:

I have done this one today!! ummm… delicious!!! I used dark and milk chocolate for the dipping…
    My hubby loved them!!!

Thanks for the recipie!

Loves to Teach says:

I just finished making these and they are wonderful! I can’t wait for my boyfriend to try them, I’m sure him and his roommates will love them. :)

Oreo pops

I wonder if you can use this method on any type of cookie

How’d you get the melted chocolate in the center as filling?

Wow these look amazingly delicious! Will definitely be trying ‘em out!
    Pls check out Otash @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Otash-Design-Philosophy-by-natascha-omar/461917733853091

Wait, so u just use a whole package of oreos? Ik, stupid question, but I’m confused XD

Love this – I have been making cake-pops with a similar recipe using Australian Tim Tam biscuits and when I saw your Oreo truffles I had to try it! The cream cheese just makes it so delish doesn’t it? Would you be okay for me to put a link to your recipe on my blog? http://littlesnowflower.blogspot.com.au/ I’m going to make them NOW yum yum yum

This just gave me the best idea for Thanksgiving dessert treats!! Awesome.

These taste amazing, although its not so easy to make them look pretty lol

PateelRose says:

I just made these and I don’t know what some of you are talking about! These came out AMAZING! So gooood! I used the almond bark similar to what she used and it wasn’t hard at all to coat the balls. They are pretty sweet, but that’s inevitable. Still sooo good! And very pretty looking! Mine came out just like the picture :)

Lovely!!

Made it today and was fab- would recommend smaller little balls…
    I used two forks and that did the job, they don’t look as good as yours but practice makes perfect.
    Also can’t find double stuffed Oreos but standard ones did the trick.
    I recommend highly!

What a great, easy recipe! Thanks for sharing! :)

1package regular Oreos and 6 Ozs of cream cheese. And try flavored Oreos. They good too. I do these for tons of pol all the time.

KYLIE AND ALLI FOREVER says:

OMGZ!!!!! these are so yummy in my tummy!!!! u r AWESOME!!!!!! we are lezzies and we love this RECIPE!!! AHHHHH EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace, love, and rainbows <333333

hi my name is Diana i love to make desserts i may not be really good at it but i keep on trying. i love cookies especially oreo’s my favorite. this recipe looks sooo good.

THANK YOU so much for this amazing recipe! Made them for a cookie exchange yesterday and they were a huge hit! Very easy to whip together (appreciate they are no bake) and taste absolutely scrumptious! Look forward to visiting your site often! Happy Holidays to you!

Can you use lite cream cheese or neufchatel??

I tried these this weekend for a cookie swap party I went to and the name ought to be ‘Dissapearing Oreo Truffles’! They were wonderful! Just to clarify, I used the Chocolate Bark candy coating.

Howdy!

I found this recipe on pinterest and plan on making two versions: one with the doublestuf oreos and a dark chocolate coating; and a lemon oreo with white chocolate coating. My questions are about storing: how long can you store them and should they be kept cool?

Thanks,
      @FoodiesMeow

yummy

Rebecca Amy says:

This is such an easy recipe and always a hit. My friends and co-workers curse me for making it, but can never eat just one.

Tricia Renee says:

How many does this recipe make?

definately going to try this for tomorrows surprise bday party for a good friend of mine! they look sooo delish!

Just made these today! Needed a last minute “treat” recipe and it worked perfectly! A helpful hint for us Canadian’s: the Western Family candy coating used in this recipe is only sold in the US, so I just used Hershey’s White Chocolate Chipits (melted them in the microwave) and it worked just fine. Thanks for posting!

Marisol says:

Is it okay to use regular Oreos instead of double stuff?

We are redoing this now as I write.

Christi says:

Do you think you could freeze these? How long? We are baking a lot of our sweets for our wedding and would love these!

I make these every year for christmas. Love them, except I take a fun “naughty turn” and usually use milk chocolate bark, then I give them as gifts and call them “reindeer poop”. I love using things like mint oreos too. Tons of different flavors depending which oreo you use.

Our art teacher makes these and we call them Mr. O’s chocolate balls!

How long will these keep in the fridge?

I really want to do this!

Question:
    What do you do with the white cream double stuff in the middle, do you, crush it too??

Van you freeze the balls ahead.. negorr dipping them.. like a few days??

I love this classic recipe! I’m including these in my chocolate recipe roundup on Lifehack. Thanks! :)

do you use the whole oreo or without the creme?

Pat Schrolucke says:

The vanilla oreo’s are awesome also

I tried this for valentine’s day and everybody loves it! Thank you so much for the recipe! I post the pictures on my blog, feel free to drop by. :D

can i replace the cream cheese with non fat yogurt?