Blueberry Danish Puff

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I could not be more excited!  All my extended family is in town and it is going to be a great time!  I love my family!  They are all such funny and amazing people.  Because I love them all so much, I am going to be taking a break until Sunday.  Don’t worry, I’ll be back Sunday with another great recipe! :)  Also, the winner for the Shabby Apple Dress will be announced at 4:00 pm tonight so be on the look out!  You will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be announced so you don’t want to miss out.  Be sure and check back in!

Today, I am going to share a YUMMY dish that would make a great dessert or a nice and fancy breakfast!  My mom and I made this for our family and it was gone within minutes!  Everyone LOVED it!  How could you go wrong with a pastry?!  It was amazing!  Give it a try, you are going to love it, too!

BLUEBERRY DANISH PUFF

1 box puff pastry {2 sheets}, thawed to room temperature

Filling

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
1-1/2 cups frozen blueberries

Frosting
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
1 tsp Almond Extract
3 shakes of salt
chopped almonds (optional)

Lay one whole pastry sheet onto a greased cookie sheet.Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract together until well blended.  Spread on top of pastry sheet.

Top with frozen blueberries.

Cut second puff pastry sheet into 10 long strips.  Weave strips on top of blueberries.

Bake at 375 F for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.

You can pipe the frosting on for a fancy effect and sprinkle with chopped almonds if desired.

I hope all of you have an amazing Thanksgiving!

Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

This looks amazing! My kiddos would think I was awesome and surely gobble this up! Pinned it to my recipe folder! Thanks!:)

This looks dangerously good!! WOW

That looks amazing! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Wow!!! Looks incredible!!! By the way, Do you have one on mash potatoes? Simple, but I am clueless on how to make it. Thank you!!! -Reilly S. G.

Sounds great! I wonder if it would work with other types of berries, too!

Wow does that look great! The combination of blueberry and almond is a good one.Hope you are enjoying your weekend with your family :0

My mouth is watering just looking at this yummy!

Wow, looks fantastic. Absolutely delicious!

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} says:

YUM YUM YUM this looks SOOOO tasty!

yum sounds so so good! is there anything you don't know how to do!?! your talented girl! it all looks os yummy!

Kelli @ RTSM says:

That looks so good! I always want to make fancy stuff with puff pastry but I'm kind of scared of it:) I'm pinning this for later! Stopping by from TT&J.

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate says:

I'm your newest follower. I'm completely hooked on your blog and recipes. Love your photography too…everything looks so delicious!

amyg @ My 3 Monsters says:

Do you know how many of your delicious looking recipes I have pinned?! Are you kidding me with this one?! It looks too delicious for words. Thanks for all the great recipes.

This is my family's absolute new favorite breakfast! However one is not enough, I would suggest making two at a time because it goes fast and leaves everyone wanting more!

Okay,I made this and went straight to heaven!!! This is divine!!!! My husband said I need to make this OFTEN!

I made this for my husbands birthday breakfast before he went to work, boy was he happy! This is definately a new family favorite!

I have made this four times since I discovered this recipe. My husband would be happy if I made this everyday. This is the absolute yummiest.

Thanks for reposting this, I must have missed it before. Looks delicious and I have blueberries!

I can't even tell you how much I love this recipe. I follow your blog and you have made some pretty darn tastey things, but this is by far my favoirte!

Thanks for the recipe! It's already been made and it was great. We made it without frosting but sprinkled Cane Sugar on top before baking it. A very quick and delicious cake. As you say in danish: "Dejlig kage". Greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark!

Can anyone tell me what size cream cheese they used.

Tiffany Q says:

Since blueberries are now in season, can fresh blueberries work with this recipe?

can you use different filling? like cherry pie filling or apple pie filling..

Carol Abbott says:

Just got this receipe off pinterest this morning. Went to store and have made it. It looks wonderful. Can’t wait to eat later.

EASY & YUMMY!