Lime Chicken Tacos

I love simple and delicious crock pot recipes! This happens to be one and also happens to come from that amazing “Taste of Home Comfort Food: Diet” cookbook I told you about earlier! My family really enjoyed it!

LIME CHICKEN TACOS
Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook

1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa
12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional

Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.  Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is done and tender.Remove the chicken; cool slightly.  Shred and return to slow cooker.  Stir in corn and salsa.  Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through.  Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired.

Yield: 12 servings

NUTRITION FACTS:

1 taco (calculated without the sour cream and cheese) is equal to:

148 calories
2 g fat
31 mg cholesterol
338 mg sodium
18 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
14 g protein

Comments

Looks delish!

My Flash-Back-Friday hop is up again, hope you can link up again this week!
    ~Carolyn
    Flash Back Friday #11

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk says:

Trying this tomorrow night, thanks!

Purabi Naha says:

This looks super yum! Loved the flavours and the picture… Wow, you rock!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma says:

I love that you added the nutritional content! I am a type one diabtic so this is so helpful!

This looks good and easy to make.

Amber @ Quilted Euphoria says:

OMG you're making me hungry! All the time! LOL

I would love for you to come link up at my first ever link party, going on now all weekend!

Ok I am totally trying these, we a taco loving family and these look good and simple and LOWFAT, I love it!!!

Added to my recipe list!
    Sweet Tea Serendipity

Yum looks amazing, I think I'll make it tomorrow! Thank you!

Christine's Pantry says:

Love tacos. Great recipe!

JamieS @ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom says:

Yum! That looks so good! I like to use the Mission extra thin corn tortillas when trying to eat lite. Only 40 calories each!
    ~JamieS

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com says:

These look yummy! The calorie count must be without the tortilla, though, right?

ASTERrisk says:

Oh, I can't wait to try these! They sound awesome!

I remember this recipe!! I actually tore this recipe out of my Taste of Home Magazine when it was published years back and it's been a keeper in my family too! I love that!

kitchen flavours says:

This sounds wonderful! A perfect meal, looks really good! Have a lovely Sunday!

Yummmyy!!Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!Hope you have a great week!Jill @ Creating my way to Success http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sounds like a great meal! That lime flavor must be amazing in the tacos! YUM : )

Crock pots are the way to go! Thanks for posting this recipe. I am loving lime right now so this is timely for my family.

I love the combination of chicken and limes – delish!

These sound fantastic! I'm running to throw some chicken in the crock pot right NOW!

Love anything with Lime – I am so dusting off my slow cooker tomorrow! This looks and sounds delicious!

YUM! can't wait to make these! thanks!!!

I've tried these before too! They are so yummy!

I made this a few nights ago and it was so yummy! Thanks for sharing! You're now my "go to" for easy recipes : )

These look SO good! Can't wait to give them a try.

I made these tonight and they were amazing! Thank you so much for a new recipe to add to my recipe box! :)
    I used corn tortillas out of personal preference, though :)

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas says:

Wonderful!
    thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

JamieS @ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom says:

Hi, just checking, were you cooking these on low or hi?
    ~JamieS

Another winning recipe. I love the easy of a good crockpot meal. Thanks for posting this.

ButterYum

Stumbled across this the other day and had to try it for my fam. Except I omitted the slow cooker (I didn't have enough time) and just boiled the chicken and then added all ingredients to a pot and put on simmer. They were AMAZING!

we're going to try this this week! so just to confirm, you don't put any water with the chicken?

Stephanie says:

Do you put more liquid with the chicken besides the lime juice?

I left this cooking at our beach house for my family to eat on Sunday & they LOVED it! They even ate it cold on hotdogs (don’t ask, they are STRANGE, LOL) and my bonus daughter says it was just as good. I can’t wait to make this again so I can enjoy it too. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.

I tried this with some cumin added and it added a little extra something to it. delicious!

Great recipe!!! I made this over the weekend and it was a hit. I was concerned that 3 Tbs of liquid wouldn’t be enough, so I doubled the lime juice/chili powder mixture. Next time, I will just double to lime juice, not the chili powder… it was good, just not limey enough for my taste.