Have you ever started preparing something and realized after preparing some of it, you didn’t have one if not more of the ingredients?
Please say I am not the only one!Well the other day, I was making Chicken Pillows for my hubby and had already made the filling before realizing I did not have any crescents in my refrigerator! How could this be?! (I swear I always have these on hand!)Left with this Creamy Chicken Filling, I thought to myself, “What can I make?”
Well this is the concoction I came up with and my hubby LOVED it! He said it went on his list of favorite meals!
Don’t you love when mistakes turn into masterpieces?! HAHA!
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 2-3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
- 1 (28 oz.) can Old Paso Green Chile Enchilada sauce, you may not use all of it
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Stir softened cream cheese and softened butter together until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in chicken, green chilies, and ¼-1/2 shredded cheese (depending how cheesy you want it to be).
- Dip each flour tortilla into Green Chile Enchilada sauce and spoon some of the chicken mixture into the tortilla. Roll up and place in pan. Repeat until mixture is gone.
- Top with a little extra Enchilada sauce and ¼-1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.