Have you ever started preparing something and realized after preparing some of it, you didn’t have one if not more of the ingredients?
Please say I am not the only one!Well the other day, I was making Chicken Pillows for my hubby and had already made the filling before realizing I did not have any crescents in my refrigerator! How could this be?! (I swear I always have these on hand!)Left with this Creamy Chicken Filling, I thought to myself, “What can I make?”
Well this is the concoction I came up with and my hubby LOVED it! He said it went on his list of favorite meals!
Don’t you love when mistakes turn into masterpieces?! HAHA!
Creamy Cheesy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
By August 14, 2011
- Yield: 8-10 enchiladas (8-10 Servings)
This is a meal your entire family will gobble up!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 2-3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese divided
- 1 (28 oz.) can Old Paso Green Chile Enchilada sauce you may not use all of it
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Stir softened cream cheese and softened butter together until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in chicken, green chilies, and 1/4-1/2 shredded cheese (depending how cheesy you want it to be).
- Dip each flour tortilla into Green Chile Enchilada sauce and spoon some of the chicken mixture into the tortilla. Roll up and place in pan. Repeat until mixture is gone.
- Top with a little extra Enchilada sauce and 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.