Lasagna Roll Ups

I love new ideas for dinner!  I hate it when I feel like we are having the same thing over and over again.  The other day I was browsing the internet for dinner ideas and came across this recipe and had to give it a try.  The verdict….Huge success!  Everyone in the family loved it!LASAGNA ROLL UPSSauce:¼ lb groundeef2 tablespoons onion (chopped)2 garlic cloves (minced)1 (16 oz) can crushed tomatoes½ teaspoon salt½ teaspoon dried oregano1 dash cayenne pepper (or more to your taste) Filling:1 ¼ cups small curd cottage cheese1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese1 egg (lightly beaten)1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)¼ teaspoon onion powder6 lasagna noodles (cooked)½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese1. In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and garlic until the beef is browned. Drain any excess fat/liquid  from the pan. 2. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and cayenne. Simmer for 10 minutes. 3. Spread half of the meat sauce on the bottom of a greased 9” baking dish.4. In a bowl combine cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and onion powder. 5. Spread ¼ cup of the cheese mixture evenly over each lasagna noodle. Roll up and place seam side down in rows in the baking dish. 6. Top with remaining sauce.7. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes. 8. About 5 minutes before the dish is finished cooking remove from the oven and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and cook until cheese has melted.Enjoy!Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

From the Kitchen says:

I had a very similar dish at Francesca's on Taylor (Chicago) a few years back and loved it. I'm happy to have your recipe.

Best,
    Bonnie

These look fantastic!

WOW, that looks so good! Yum!!!

Julie Kay says:

Delicious! One of my all time favorite meals is this same concept but roll up the lasagna goodies with tortillas instead of noodles.

Red Nomad OZ says:

Great recipe! Definitely a keeper!! Have a great weekend!!

I have been thinking lasagna for quite some time. This recipe makes things easier for me… YUMMMM-O

Wow, this looks wonderful! I love it and your picture makes me so hungry :)

TheBookGirl says:

My husband could eat lasagna every night of the week, so I must try this soon :)

I love lasanga roll ups, I make a meatless version with ricotta and spinach filling. Yours looks great too, I may try it with italian sausage!

this is going on my list of food to cook this week…
    I'm inviting you to join our linking party every Wednesday at
    Have a fabulous week,
    Maggie

What an interesting way to make Lasagne!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Looks amazing! I've made similar dishes before and they're always so good!

A Pretty Life in the Suburbs says:

Oh yum yum! These roll ups look so delish and fun!
    Jo-Anna

Aleksandra Nearing says:

Those look wonderful! I have never tried a lasagna rollup. Thanks for the recipe!

beckaboots says:

This looks super simple and delicious! Great job :)

Bekah
    beckaboots.blogspot.com

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating says:

YUM!! Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes linked to Thrifty Thursday….I'm going to feature this one next week! :)

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says:

Looks like a great recipe to make for our church small group. I am always trying to come up with new recipes to try for them. Thanks for sharing and linking to TMTT.

Sarah E. says:

That looks so delicious! YUM!

The Answer Is Chocolate says:

YUM. I am a bit like the cartoon cat Garfield when it comes to a passion for lasagne. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF!

Roz from 'la bella vita' says:

I love this whole idea of rolling up the lasagna! Great photography and I'm sure, with you being the chef, they are certainly delicious! Def'ly a keeper recipe to me. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent on Fresh Food Friday! I've loved your recipes and following your blog!

This is such a great idea and is one that I look forward to sharing with my family!

So yummy! Thanks so much for linking to the Tuesday To Do Party! Smiles!Jamiwww.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

making these tonight for dinner!! I cannot wait, they smell soooo yummy in the oven!! Thank you so much for this recipe and ALL the recipes you've posted, I've also made your cookie dough brownies for my co-workers and they went over VERY well. One of the best brownies I have ever eaten!!!

These look so good!! This is “whats for dinner” at my house tonight!!! I love all your recipes. I still have so many to check out, they all look so good!! Thanks, have a great day!!!

The abltiiy to think like that shows you’re an expert

Sooooo good, my husband is not a big fan of ricotta so when I saw this recipe with the cottage cheese instead I was so excited to try it. This has to be one of the best lasagnas I have had in or out of a restaurant! For anyone nervous about using cottage cheese, let me just say that you can’t even tell once everything is combined and cooked; it made for a very creamy filling.