Blueberry Snack Cake

Growing up, this was always one of my favorite “after-school-snacks” that my mom would make.I love anything with blueberries!This recipe comes from a Taste of Home Cookbook that I own.BLUEBERRY SNACK CAKE2 cups all-purpose flour1-1/2 cups sugar1/2 cup cold butter or margarine1 tsp baking powder1 cup milk2 eggs, separated2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries**In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar.  Cut in butter until crumbly.  Set aside 3/4 cup for topping.  Add the baking powder, milk and egg yolks to remaining mixture; mix well.  Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into batter.Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.  Sprinkle with blueberries and reserved crumb mixture.Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.Yeild 15-18 servings**If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to the batter.Enjoy!Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

Stacy Orndorff says:

Yummmmm!

Monica...an ordinary MORMON MOM says:

mmmm…these look so good! Can't wait to try them!

These look wonderful! So full of yummy blueberries!

Nikki thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't wait to try some of your recipes! See ya round in the blogging world!

I love this recipe! I posted it on my blog last year and it was a hit. Addicting, isn't it?

Just made blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins last weekend. I love blueberries! This will be on the list for this weekend :-)

Mizzreviewlady says:

MMM…these look so good! Thanks for posting.

it sounds easy to make, I have to try it :)

Your cake looks so good! I love cakes like this, without any fussy preparation but absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing! Have a nice day!

YUMMM! Looks amazing. Really. Amazing! I wonder if I could find a way to make this without butter? I'll let you know if I figure it out!Meanwhile, I do have a link up going on over here. Check it out and add this delishhhh dish!Hope all is well <3-Carlyhttp://www.createliveblog.com

I have blueberries that I need to use…this recipe sounds perfect! I'm your newest follower…would love for you to come join me!http://wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.blogspot.com/

Just wanted to let you know I'm passing on the Happy 101 award to you, check it out!http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-101-award.html

That sounds delicious. Have to try that!

That looks really scrumptious. I'd love a piece of that right now :)

My Goodness!! I found yet another recipe hubby would love. ;o)Guess I'd better get in the kitchen. Thank you for sharing your recipes. ;)Mary from http://sketchesbymary.blogspot.com

My huband LOVES blueberries – These would be perfect to make for him!Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!Hope you have a great week!Jill @ Creating my way to Success http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

I saw this recipe on Mouthwatering Mondays, and had to check it out because we are going blueberry picking today. Perfect timing!Also, the fact that you made Hot Fudge Ice Cream Cake (a la Big Boy) makes you my new BFF. ;)Kirsten

What a lovely site you have! This recipe looks perfect for this time of year with all the blueberries in season! Yum. Cover over and visit us. We have a wonderful grilled squash recipe today!

Recipe looks great! We have a blueberry bush, so we freeze to have blueberries all year round. The ability to use frozen blueberries in this recipe is great!Thanks!Melaniebearrabbitbear.wordpress.com

Yum, what a perfect after-school snack, thanks for sharing?

These look delicious! What a perfect summer treat! I would love for you to share this recipe at my HomeMade Monday Blog Party next week at HomeSavvyAtoZ.com. I am your newest follower!

Must be really good if this was your favorite growing up. You should also link it to Vintage Recipe Thursday. Thanks for linking at Joy of Desserts. :-)

Maaan. Blueberries are my only weakness. I have travelled through mountains for blueberries! Those look so good!___call Nepal

I'm going to have to start a pin board just for your recipes on Pinterest. YUM! I stock up on berries when they're in season and freeze them so this is perfect!

YUM!! These look so so good! I just pinned them! Can't wait to try them. I just found your site and I'm excited to see more of your yummy posts!http://www.sugarandspiceandallthingsiced.com/

These look scrumptious. Thank you for sharing your recipes.

Bizzy B. Bakes says:

I love snack cakes. They are our type of cake. We like simple and delicious and this seems to be just that. The printer is spitting it out, as I type.

Could I impose and ask you to link this Bake with Bizzy?

Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets says:

This looks so good!

Oh my, these look so yummy!!!!

searchingforspice says:

I love blueberries and this looks such an easy cake recipe, which is always a bonus!

Hi! Thanks for linking to Tasty Tuesday!! Just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring you next week, stop by and check it out and grab a button. http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Jenn Erickson says:

Delicious! Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me…"! I'm featuring your recipe in this week's post! It's so perfect for my Back-to-School week!

Jenn

ladybehindthecurtain.com says:

Thank You So MUCH for joining me last week for Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow and share more of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

This is my first time here, visiting from Rook No.17. This snack cake looks fabulous, I can't wait to see the rest of your blog!

I just tried this recipe and it is delicious!!! thanks!

I have made this once with blueberries, my boys LOVED it! It didn't even last for me to enjoy it the next morning with coffee. But that's o.k. :) I am baking this tonight, again, but with blackberries. Can't wait!