Potato Boats

We had a fun dinner the other night with out friends.For the side, I made what we call “Potato Boats.”I have heard them called a variety of different things.  They are delicious!  My husband asks me to make these all the time.  I am pretty sure it is his favorite way to eat potatoes.POTATO BOATS8 large potatoes1/3 cup butter1/2 cup milk1/2 cup sour cream1 tsp salt1/4 tsp pepper2 Tbsp melted butter1/3 cup chivescheddar cheese for toppingPreheat oven to 400 FScrub potatoes.Brush potatoes with olive oil to make skin softer and poke holes with a fork to allow for steam to escape.Bake at 400 until tender.  (about 50-60 minutes)  Let potatoes cool for at least 10 minutes.Cut potato in half length wise and carefully scoop out pulp, leaving the shells still intact.In a large bowl, mash potatoes with a potato masher to get a smooth potato consistency with no lumps.Heat butter and milk in microwave until butter is melted and beat into the potatoes.Next, Beat in sour cream, salt and pepper.Spoon the blended potatoes into shells and brush with melted butter.  (I didn’t brush with butter and they still turned out great)Top with cheese and chives.Place in oven until cheese melts.Enjoy!

Comments

Melanie says:

I love cheesy potatoes..OH so yum :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, now following back and glad to find you :)
    ~Melanie

Kimberly says:

Yum!
    I wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting… I am now following and I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
    All the best,
    Kim
    A Spicy Boy, A Cat, and My Fat Ass

This looks so yummy… am pretty sure it will be my favorite soon. I'm your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me as well. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe with us.~Poppy

I love love love potatoes, and this looks so good!

Janelle says:

Oh this looks so delicious! Will try this… will definitely try this! Or errr… I will ask my husband to try this!! (he's a way, way better cook than I am)

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

Yummmmm! I love potatoes in just about any form. These sound delicious!

Red Nomad OZ says:

I'm not surprised they're your husbands favourites!!! They look SO sensational, I'm salivating!

Jen @ Domesticated Nomad says:

Thanks for visiting me! I love food, so I adore food blogs! Following you back. :)

TheBookGirl says:

We call these double stuffed potatoes, and my family loves them, although I haven't added sour cream to the mix; must try that next time :)

The Farmer's Wife says:

These are yummy!!! I make them all the time!!! I also add cream cheese and crumbled bacon to the mashed potatoes. They are a HUGE hit when we have friends over!!!